part three

Lydia's POV:

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I went to the hospital. I hadn't heard a word about James or how he was doing.

As soon as I got to the floor James was on, I saw Wendy and Tina. They ran to me with open arms and pulled me in for the biggest, longest hug of my life.

"Any news?" I asked, still hugging them tightly.

"He's alive," Wendy said. It felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. "the doctor said it was a miracle. He lost so much blood that he shouldn't have lived." she added, her eyes glazing over. I shook my head and looked up, thanking God for keeping him alive.

"Let's sit down, my legs are going to give out" Tina said, ushering us to the beige chairs in the waiting room. I sat there in silence for 5 minutes, biting the inside of my cheek. I was trying so hard to keep all my questions in. It didn't last long.

"Did you see them?" I whispered. Wendy and Tina looked over at me.

"What?" Wendy said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"The people that did this. You were right there when it happened. Did you see them?" I looked up at her.

Wendy sighed and took her hand off me. "Yes. Kind of. They had masks on." I looked down.

"One of them, he must have been the leader because the other three followed him, his eyes were green. Bright green. That's the only description I could give the police."

Slowly, I looked up at her and whispered, "What did they want?"

Wendy looked around to make sure there were no listeners. Tina looked at me, then at Wendy and leaned in to listen.

"They stormed inside. One of them, he had an Irish accent, told us to put our hands up. They started smashing glasses and plates everywhere and telling us we they were gonna kill us." Wendy's breath hitched. "James tried to reason with him, and that's when the green-eyed one grabbed his friend's gun and shot James like it was nothing. They didn't want our money. They were there for something else." she finished.

I had tears rolling down my face. These people were monsters. I went through that night in my head. My conversation with the cop. He was asking me so many questions that I just didn't have answers too. That's when I remembered something,

I jolted up and said "Did the police ask you about a red piece of plastic shaped like a circle?" Wendy and Tina looked at each other.

"With the black dot?" Tina questioned. She knew what I was talking about. I nodded.

"Yeah, I researched it and it has something to do with a gang around here. I thought it was bullshit. I mean, what gang would shoot up a small diner on the corner of the street?"

She was right. Nothing was making sense.

I knew one thing though...if I ever meet this green-eyed monster that shot James, I was going to kill him myself.

Harry's POV:

"Harry, I'm not fucking joking around here, you need to get back home." Liam yelled.

"Would you chill out? I'll be back soon. Why? You losers can't control yourselves without me?" I smirked.

"Shut up. If you're not home in 10, I'm gonna make sure you never go anywhere again." I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.

I continued rolling along the streets. It's so peaceful at night. So quiet. It's chaos living with the boys, so whenever I can be alone, I jump at the chance.

I was about to pull out my package of smokes, but then I heard footsteps behind me. I whipped around ready to defend myself but to my surprise it was just a girl walking alone. She was small, with blonde hair that fell down her shoulders. She jumped when I turned around so quickly.

"Jesus you scared me" she chuckled, clutching her chest.

"My bad." I said looking at her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You're all alone?" I tilted my head. She started to look uncomfortable.

"You are too." she shifted her body, getting ready to walk away.

"Relax, I'm not some creep lurking in the night" I say, even though that's probably exactly what I look like.

She laughs. "I know, I know. But there are people like that out here, that's why I'm trying to get home." I shot a half smile at her and moved out of her away, letting her walk. I leaned against the wall pulling out a cigarette but was again interrupted by a man's voice from ahead of me. He was following that girl.

I tried to ignore it until I heard him continue to talk to her. She continued walking, trying to ignore him. I couldn't quite make out what he was saying, but he wasn't backing off. I sighed and rolled my eyes, putting the smoke behind my ear.

"Hey, babe!" I shouted "Wait up!" Both the man and the girl turned in the direction of my voice. I caught up to them and grabbed the girls hand. She looked at me in confusion and I gripped her hand tighter as a signal to 'just go with it'. I nodded at the man and looked  back down at her.

"Let's go home" I said. She nodded slowly and the man turned and left with a huff.

She then stopped walking and ripped her hand out of mine.

"I didn't need your help." she said, crossing her arms.

"He was following you, it looked like you did" I smirked. She rolled her eyes at me, eventually letting out a sigh.

"Thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, um-"

"Harry." I laughed.

"Harry, I'm gonna go home now." she turned and started to walk.

"So you're gonna leave without telling me your name?" I said, causing her to turn around and glare at me.

"I mean, you know my name." I chuckled, she rolled her eyes at me yet again. But this time I earned a smirk from her.

"Lydia."

hope y'all liked this chapter! i'm trying to update as much as i can but i have a lot of exams this week. i love you guys. new part coming soon!