part sixteen

Lydia White 

I am very angry at Harry Styles. 

Harry Styles is messing with my head. Harry Styles is making me feel things that I've never felt before. Harry Styles is a jerk. 

But he's a beautiful jerk. A jerk with perfect hair, captivating green eyes, and the world's most charming smile. 

I was falling for this jerk and there was no way around it. 

But right now, as I let the hot water run down me in the shower, I want to be as far away from Harry as possible. He really hurt me when he raised his voice at me tonight. He's been moody with me before, but he's never gotten angry with me. All I was trying to do was make sure that he was okay, then he went and got all upset. 

Suffer in silence then, asshole. I don't care. 

It was night and day with Harry. One moment, he's kissing me sweetly. The next, he's telling me to forget about it. Or another moment, he's showing me around his house and making jokes. The next, he's yelling at me for being concerned. 

I finish my shower and turn off the water. I then dry off with a towel and throw on some pajama shorts and a black t-shirt. I wrap my hair in the towel and brush my teeth. When I finish, I open the door to the bathroom and head to the room I was staying in. 

My shift ended at 11, so it was probably around 12:30 am now. I walked in the dark hall, passing all of the boys rooms. The doors were shut and it was dead quiet. They were most likely asleep. 

I reach my bedroom door and gasp in shock when I open it. I saw Harry sitting on the edge of my bed, head hung low looking at his feet. His head shot up when I opened the door, causing his curls to bounce on his head. I proceeded to enter the room, closing the door behind me. I ignored Harry's presence as I walked over to the dresser, grabbing a hairbrush and throwing the towel off of my head. I then walk over to the mirror, feeling Harry watch my every move. I really didn't want to deal with what he had to say right now. I knew that me ignoring him was driving him crazy, and it felt good. I stand in front of the mirror and brush my hair. I can see Harry in the reflection, sitting behind me. 

His legs hung over the edge of the bed, and his hands were in his lap. He was fiddling with the rings on his fingers and occasionally running his hands through his hair. Eventually, he lets out a huff and speaks...

"Lydia-" he starts. 

"What are you doing in here?" I say annoyed as I look at him through the reflection in the mirror. 

"I get that you're upset about what happened." He says quietly. I scoff and turn around to face him. 

"Forget about it, Harry." I say as I walk over to my bed. I crawl inside the covers and lay down with my head against the pillows. Harry remains on the end of the bed. He looks over his shoulder at me. 

"Lydia, I don't want to end the night on a bad note." He says. "Because we're both going to wake up tomorrow feeling like shit and I can't deal with that right now." he continues. 

I roll my eyes and sit up. "So, are you trying to apologize here?" I say. 

He runs his hands through his curls. "I'm trying to make it right." He says. 

I sigh and tuck my hair behind my ears. "Harry, I was only wondering if you were okay, and you snapped at me. It hurt." I tell him. His eyes shift from me to the floor as he slowly nods his head. 

He turns his head away so he isn't facing me anymore and sighs. "I shouldn't have done it." he says with his voice just above a whisper. He stands up from the bed and turns to face me with his whole body. "There's just a lot going on." he says.