part ten

Harry Styles 

I didn't plan on kissing Lydia. Initially, I just wanted to get some information out of her but it only ended up making her upset. It wasn't until our faces were right in front of each other's when I leaned in for the kiss. It just happened. I wasn't thinking. She did something to me that no one has ever been able to do before. It was like she was trying to break down my walls that I've had up for so long. 

And it was working. 

I also didn't plan on staying the night, but yet here I was...laying on her couch almost half asleep while she slept on her bedroom. 

I spread out on the couch and stared at the ceiling, slowly feeling my eyes shut as I was about to drift off. A quick, loud crashing sound woke me up halted my drifting, however. I sat up on the couch and stayed silent. 

"Search the whole apartment." a voice spoke. I could've sworn I'd heard it somewhere before. 

I jumped from the couch and hid behind it. I sat there and put my hand on the gun which was in my waistband the whole night. I heard footsteps enter the living room where I hid. I couldn't see what was going on but I heard quiet voices by the coffee table right next to the couch. I had left my wallet on that table. 

Fuck me. 

The footsteps walked out of the room and I slowly stood up and looked around. I had to get into Lydia's room before she came out of it. I counted down from three and made a run for it, while trying to stay silent. 

I crashed into her room to see her sitting in her bed, frightened. 

Lydia White

My eyes were so tired, but my body was still pumping with adrenaline. Harry and I drove in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence. We both seemed comfortable. I told him Eliza's address and he headed in the direction of her apartment. 

The whole break in had made me forget about the kiss Harry and I shared. I suddenly had the urge to ask him about it, but I didn't want to seem forward. I kept my mouth shut. 

"You ok?" he asks, staring at the road. 

"Yeah. I'm just confused. Why did they break in if they weren't going to take anything?" I ask, looking at him. 

"Let's just not focus on it right now. You need some sleep." he says, blankly. 

"So do you." I state. I'm positive he didn't sleep much on the couch. 

"M'fine." he says. I frown and turn my head to look out the window. Why was he being so cold? 

"Lydia." he says. I turn my head back to him. 

"I need you to forget about what happened back at your apartment." His attention was still on the road. 

"The kiss?" I question. His eyes shut and he sighs. 

"Yeah. I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have done it." he states. 

"Harry, really I didn't mind-" 

"It was a mistake, Lydia." He says, cutting me off. My heart sinks. I thought that the kiss was a special moment that we shared. It hurt to know I was the only one who felt that way. The silence returned, but this time it was uncomfortable and daunting. 

We pulled up to Eliza's apartment. I had tried calling her a couple times but there was no answer. 

Who knew people didn't answer phone calls at the ass crack of dawn. 

"Need me to come in with you?" Harry asks. His was very monotone and blank. 

"No." I simply say. I grab my packed bag and enter the building, not looking back.