part seven

Years ago, a gang of misfits and criminals was born. The Kings. They represented themselves with red. Red jackets, and a certain red symbol with five dots for each of the five elite members. They ruled the city until a rival gang arose...The Phantoms. The two gangs would be at constant war for years to come.  The Phantoms had one goal, to take down the Kings and kill their leader. However, the King's were always one step ahead. Always.

Lydia White

It had been two days since Harry drove me home. I hadn't texted or called him despite asking for his number. I barely know anything about him. I considered asking him to hang out, but I quickly rejected the thought because I simply don't know him or his intentions.

I rolled over and stretched in my bed. Eventually, I forced myself out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water rush onto me. I stood with my face in the stream of water allowing it to wake me up. I washed my body and my hair and got out, drying myself off and wrapping the towel around my body.

I return to my bedroom and look at my phone, noticing I got a text message. A small part of me got excited at the idea that it might be Harry.

"Let's go to Temptation tonight." My best friend, Eliza texted.

Temptation was a popular nightclub here. I hadn't been out for a while, not since the shooting. Also, I missed my best friend. I missed partying. I smiled to myself and started typing.

"I'm in." I reply, hitting send and putting my phone down.

I went to my closet and threw on a pair of leggings and an oversized, white knit sweater. I combed through my wet hair as I looked in the mirror. As I stared into my own eyes all I could think of was Harry's green ones looking back. Before I knew it, all I could think about was Harry.

I wanted to see him again. As soon as possible.

I sucked in a deep breath and turned back to my phone. I picked it up and typed Harry's name into the search bar. A wave of courage flooded over me as I began typing.

After I sent the message I threw my phone on my bed, keeping the ringer on so I wouldn't have to keep checking. I sat waiting for a response.

Harry Styles

"So you're telling me that you were driving some girl home the other night? That's why you weren't here?" Liam asks me as we all sit at the dining table.

"Okay, first of all...you bastards went on some mission without telling me where you were going or what the fuck you were doing. We'll get to the girl once you tell me what was going on that night." I say, looking back and forth between all of the boys. 

The boys looked at each other and I sat waiting for a response. Louis finally spoke.

"We went to the hospital." he says blankly.

I tilt my head. "Why?" I ask.

"To see James."

Fury filled my heart as the words came out of his mouth. I stood up as the anger pumped through my veins.

"Why the fuck did you do that, Louis?!"

"Relax. We went in right before he got discharged. He was alone, he couldn't have done anything if he tried." Niall says to me.

"What did you do to him? And more importantly, why didn't you tell me?" I say, clenching my jaw.

"We knew you'd say no. As for what we did...well we made him a deal." Liam says.

I wait for him to continue, "We told him we wouldn't come near him again if he swore to keep our name out of any investigations or reports."

I sigh and look down, shaking my head. "Look. From now on, none of you make any deals, or go on any secret missions without telling me first." I say, pointing a finger at them. They nod in response.

"Alright. Now, back to this girl..." Louis says.

"She works with James at the diner..." I start. I tell them the story of how I went back to the diner and ended up driving her home that night.

"So what does she have to do with anything?" Niall asks.

"She works with James. She knows him. If I could just start getting closer to her she could be the key to taking the Phantoms down. It could work."

The boys exchange looks as my phone goes off. I pull it out of my pocket. Shock overcame me as I saw Lydia's name.

"I'm gonna be at Temptation tonight. You should come if you want." The text read. I smirk and look up at the boys who were waiting for me to say something.

"What?" Niall says.

"Boys, we're going clubbing tonight." I smile.

sorry this chapter was shorter but the next chapter is literally so important so please pay attention to every detail. nothing i write is by accident, everything has a purpose. get ready lol.