part fourteen

Lydia White

"Here we are." Louis said as he pulled into the large driveway. I looked up and out of the window. The house was huge. It had a shit ton of windows and a five-car garage.

It was surrounded and completely hidden by woods. The paved driveway was long and wide, leading from the house to the highway.

There were lanterns planted outside the house, which lit up the outside. It was truly a beautiful and impressive house.

I couldn't believe I was going to be staying here with four men that I barely knew.

We all got out Louis truck. Harry walked over to me and held his hand out, signalling for me to hand him my bag. I gave it to him and then took my smaller backpack and flung it on my shoulder. I looked up at the house and took a deep breath in.

I felt a Harry put his hand on my shoulder. I shifted my focus to him.

"Come on in." he said, looking down. He wore a small smile and I shot him a small one in return. He began walking inside and I followed behind him. The sun was rising and birds were chirping. I checked my phone to look at the time.

5:30 AM. I'm so fucking tired.

All of the boys filed into the kitchen and I followed. We stood awkwardly for a moment. I can't imagine they were completely comfortable having a strange girl move in with them on such short notice. I stood in the kitchen with my arms crossed over my stomach. I was biting my lip, not knowing what to say.

Harry put my bag down and ran his hands through his hair. "Okay, we can start with a house tour or we can do it later after you've slept." he says, looking at me.

I look around at the boys who were standing around the kitchen, also looking back at me.

"Um, you're all probably pretty tired so maybe later." I shrug awkwardly.

"Thank god." I hear Niall say. He walks past me and pats my shoulder. "I like you." I smile at him. He then walks towards the stairs, disappearing.

"Night, Lydia." Liam says as he too walks towards the stairs. I'm assuming all their rooms are up there. Louis nods at me and follows Liam, leaving Harry and I in the kitchen.

I rub my eyes and yawn a little.

"Tired?" he chuckles.

"Maybe." I say back. He smirks at me and grabs my bag. "So where's the living room?" I ask.

"I thought you wanted to do the house tour later." he says, looking at me in confusion.

"I do, but aren't I sleeping on the couch? Like in the living room?" I say. I had it in my head that I'd be sleeping on the couch considering there were four guys with their own bedrooms.

Harry laughs. "Oh no, we have an extra bedroom. You can stay there." he says, walking towards the stairs.

I jog a little so I catch up to him. "Why do you have an extra bedroom?" I ask from behind him.

"Our mate used to live with us. He moved out a couple months ago." he responds. We reach this empty bedroom and Harry opens the door.

The first thing I noticed was that almost everything was black. When I took a closer look, I noticed a bed, dresser, a closet and a TV. The bed had a white duvet, but the headboard and frame was black. The dresser was black with white knobs on the drawers. It was actually quite aesthetically pleasing. My room back at my apartment didn't do this room any justice. Not in the slightest.

"Wow." I breathe out. Harry puts my bag on my bed and turns to look at me.

"Make yourself at home, I guess." he says before heading to the door.