part fifty two

Lydia White

Harry's usually so gentle with me in bed. Last night was definitely a different experience but I didn't not like it.

The way he acted last night suited his lifestyle and it only made sense.

I put on a pair of sweats paired with Harry's shirt that I slept in. I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs to find Harry in the kitchen.

He was at the stove, standing in front of a pan that had something cooking on it.

"Good morning." I say, causing him to look over his shoulder and smile.

"Morning, love." he says with a toothy smile, making my stomach flutter.

I walk behind his tall figure and reach my arms up so they drape over his shoulders and I fold my hands together on his chest. I had to stand on my tip-toes to reach him.

"Whatcha makin?" I say, looking around his shoulder.

"Just some eggs." he states. I nod and remove my arms from around his shoulders and stand next to him. I look down at the eggs in the pan, which were all scrambled.

"You like scrambled eggs too?" I look up at him.

"Nope. But you do." he says, moving the eggs around in the pan.

"How do you know that?" I ask. I don't really think that the topic of how we like our eggs has ever come up in the time we've known each other.

"Well, I wanted to make you breakfast this morning, but I didn't know how you took your eggs." he starts. "So I texted your dad and he told me." he states, turning off the stove and moving to the cupboard to grab two plates.

I tilt my head. "You have my dads number?"

He chuckles softly to himself and nods. "Yeah. He gave it to me when he took me into the garage that day."

I smile at the thought of Harry and my father being friendly with each other. It made me happy that my family liked him and accepted him, even if they didn't necessarily know everything about him.

He divides the eggs between the two plates, putting a little more on my plate. He slides my plate and a fork over to me and turns around, opening the fridge.

"Orange juice?" he asks with his back turned to me.

"Yes please." I answer while eating a bite of the eggs.

He pours two glasses full of the orange juice and sits next to me with his plate and drink in front of him.

This felt normal. It felt like we were a normal couple, having a normal breakfast.

Being normal wasn't something that happened for us often, but when it did...it was really nice.

"Thanks for this." I say.

He looks at me and smiles while chewing and waits until he swallows to answer. "You don't need to thank me."

"So what else did you and my dad talk about?" I smirk and rest my chin in my hand.

"Quite a bit actually." he chuckles.

"Like..." I trail off, waiting for him to provide examples.

"Mainly you. Your fears, your childhood, your birthday- which is the 17th of November-" he adds as a matter of factly.

"Wow." I nod.

"Mhm. Two months away." he says.

I realized I never told him my birthday when we met, but then again he never told me his either.