part seventeen

Lydia White 

I don't know how to describe what kissing Harry felt like. All I knew was I didn't want to stop. I wanted to keep my lips on his until I couldn't breathe. 

But apart of me felt so wrong about it. I didn't know anything about Harry other than he was cocky, had a temper, but was also incredibly sweet and could so easily take my breath away. 

Every aspect of my life right now was so confusing and exhausting. 

According to Harry, I had people after me for god knows what reason. I was terrified, to say the least. 

But I felt safe with him. I knew he felt bad that I was basically locked up inside his house, but I knew he brought me here to protect me, and all I could do was trust him. 

After the kiss, Harry and I went inside and happily enjoyed some leftover pizza that the boys had ordered the previous night. We didn't say much to each other,  but we didn't need to. Our silence was a comfortable company. We both went back to bed after our early morning snack. 

I woke up again at 10:00 when I heard the boys talking downstairs. I changed into a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt and let my hair fall naturally down past my shoulders. 

I entered the living room and saw Louis and Liam sitting on opposite sides of one couch, both scrolling through their phones. I saw Niall on the other couch, eating a sandwich, and Harry sat next to him, writing something down on paper. 

"Morning." I say, causing all of them to look up at me. 

"Hey." Harry smiles. 

"Morning Lyds." Liam smiled. Louis nodded at me and Niall waved. I walked over to the gap between Harry and Niall and sat down. Harry shifted over slightly, making more room for me, not looking up from the paper which he was writing on.   

"What's that?" I ask him. 

"It's a list of things we need to pick up for tonight." he responds. I sit there for a moment in confusion. What was happening tonight?

"What's tonight?" I ask, looking around at the guys. 

"Styles, you still haven't told her?" Louis says, peering over at Harry.  I sit with an oblivious look on my face, waiting for him to elaborate. 

"Shut up, Louis." he snaps. 

"Told me what, Harry?" I ask, turning my attention back to him. 

He lets out a sigh and brings his green eyes to mine. "We're having a little..get together tonight." he hesitates. 

A get together? Why didn't he tell me about this? "So, like a party?" I say. 

Harry chuckles a little. "Yes. Like a party." he says. 

"What's the occasion?" I ask, sitting there feeling completely clueless. 

"No occasion. We always have parties, Lydia." Liam speaks. 

"You'll have fun. We'll make sure." Niall says, nudging me in the shoulder a little. I chuckle lightly at him. 

Harry stands up from his seat and turns to face all of us, still holding the paper. "Okay, so I was thinking Louis and Niall," he says pointing at the two of them. "you guys go into town and get the stuff we need. Liam and I will stay here to clean and shit." he continues. 

"What am I gonna do? I wanna help." I speak up from the couch, causing the boys to look at me. 

Harry scratches the back of his neck. "Um, I mean you can stay here and help Liam and I." he says.