part fifty

^play quietly during the first part while reading if u wanna cry more.

*Third person*

She sat on the floor in front of the fireplace.

He sat on the couch behind her.

She didn't want to go back to bed. He didn't either.

So, two broken souls just remained in front of a dying flame, feeling empty and shattered.

Lydia's eyes were set on the fire, while Harry's eyes were set on her. Both pairs of irises hid so much pain behind the blue and green.

Lydia felt like she was losing Harry. She felt like he was slipping through her fingers and there was no way to stop it.

But Harry knew this had to happen. He couldn't keep her to himself anymore. He had to let her go.

And as much as it hurt him...he knew it's what's best for the woman he loves so much.

He wanted her to live a life without any fear. He wanted her to grow and blossom like the beautiful flower she was. He wanted her to smile so that her eyes crinkled and her teeth peeked through her lips.

And of course he wanted to do all of this with her. Of course he wanted to experience a normal life with her. But his life is not normal, and he knew that could never happen.

Keeping Lydia would mean he was keeping her from living. He cared for her far too much to do that, to hold her back.

Harry looked at the one thing he loves most in the world sitting with her back facing him. His mind was racing, but it was all about her. All he could see was snippets of the time they spent together.

Him driving her home. Him dancing with her in the club. Their first kiss. Her moving in with him and the guys. The sunrise. Their second kiss. Her running out of the house, running from him. Her crashing into his arms. The books. The moment he realized he was in love with her. All of it.

He found himself smiling softly, because Lydia White meant so much to him. She changed his life.

Every bad thing in his dark world was outshined by her incredible light.

She didn't even know. She couldn't see the eternal brightness and loveliness emitting from her the way that Harry saw it.

It pained him so deeply to think that he had to let this angel go.

But he knew that what they had couldn't last. Maybe it was never meant to.

Lydia was fighting her own thoughts.

She loved Harry.

She just wanted to be held by him. She wanted him to tell her that he loved her and that they would try and work things out.

But she knew what was coming, and it was bringing her so much grief.

She never would have thought that a heart could be broken so many times in one night.

She thought she was going to lose Harry to the evil that was The Phantoms, but now she was losing him to fear and doubt.

She just wished they met in a different way. Like in a book store or a park. Like normal people who fall in love.

She didn't want anyone else. No one could do for her what Harry could.

And if there was one thing she knew for sure, it was that she would wait for Harry no matter what.