part nineteen

Lydia White

Harry and I froze the second we heard his name being yelled. We stayed completely silent for a moment. All that could be heard was the music downstairs suddenly stopping and our breathing.

"Where is Harry Styles!" the voice yells again, louder this time. My eyes widen in fear. I watch as his eyes narrow and he clenches his jaw.

"H-Harry.." I whisper from under him. He looks down at me.

"Stay here. Do not come out." he says firmly. I slowly nod as my breath quickens and I begin to panic. Harry gets off of me and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him and disappearing.

Anything could be happening down there right now and I couldn't do anything. I sit up in my bed, trying to catch my breath. I felt completely clueless as to what was going on and I hated it. I wanted to leave the room so badly, but I was too scared to move.

Slowly, I got up and walked towards the door, leaning my head in so that my ear was pressed up against it. I took deep breaths and waited for something.

Anything.

A sudden cracking sound boomed throughout the house, making me jolt away from the door and slap my hands over my ears. It was a gunshot. I felt the panic rise in my chest and all the way up into my throat.

I felt sick.

A million thoughts were running through my head. Where was Harry? Did he get shot? Were there people here looking for me?

I heard screaming and yelling. Another gunshot rang in my ears.

I sank to the floor, holding my head in my hands as tears streamed down my face. I felt so scared.

I felt so helpless.

Suddenly, I heard a commotion outside. I rushed to my window to look at what was happening.

I saw a crowd of people running to their cars parked outside. I also saw Liam, rushing everyone into the vehicles as if he was trying to get them out.

As I turned my focus away from the window, I noticed that it had gone silent inside.

I crept over to the door, breathing slowly. I grabbed the handle and hesitantly turned it, causing the door to open.

I had no idea what I was about to see. The anticipation was eating me alive.

I tiptoed outside my room and towards the stairs. As I was going to go down them, I was met by Liam who was coming through the front door. His eyes widened as we made eye contact.

"Lydia, you need to go back in your room." he says.

"What's going on?" I ask him with a shaky voice. His jaw clenches as he shakes his head, making my anxiety spike.

"Harry!" I yell, in hopes that he'll answer.

"Lydia don't!" Liam exclaims. I ignore him and rush down the stairs and run past him before he tries to stop me.

I run through the house until I reach the living room.

And there he was, right in front of my eyes.

Harry was layed on the couch surrounded by Louis and Niall. There was blood everywhere.

"Harry!" I panic as I run over to him. He was clutching his shoulder and letting out shaky breaths. I feel dread wash over me as I look at him. Louis presses his hand firmly over Harry's shoulder where the blood was coming from. Niall was grasping Harry's hand until his knuckles were white.