part twelve

Lydia White

Everything was back to normal. Wendy, Tina and I all decided to respect James' wish to forget about his shooting, so it was like it never happened. The fact that the men who did it are still out there scared me a little, but it didn't consume my thoughts anymore.

Harry and I haven't spoken since the night of the break in. He completely ghosted me, but I should have expected it considering I didn't know him well. Besides, I was fine with focusing on myself and my friends. From what I know, Eliza didn't see Liam again following their hookup.

Like I said, everything was back to normal.

I didn't have work today so I let myself sleep in. The warm sheets of my bed consumed me as I spread myself out under them. Eventually, I rolled over to check the time which read 10:30. I sighed and told myself that I should probably get up.

I took a quick shower and put on some jeans and a tank top. I let my hair fall naturally on my shoulders. Eliza and I were planning on having a sleepover at my place tonight. It had been so long since we had spent the night together with just the two of us.

I went into my kitchen and scanned through my fridge deciding on what to eat. I settled on some leftovers from the diner that I brought home. As I eagerly waited for the food to heat up in the microwave, I heard my phone ring.

I immediately thought that it was Eliza, probably wanting to confirm our plans for tonight, but to my shock it was someone completely unsuspected and different...

Harry.

I stared down at my phone, debating whether to pick up as the object vibrated in my hand. I took a deep breath and pressed the 'accept' button. I was curious on what this asshole had to say.

'Hello?' I spoke into the phone. I waited for a response.

There was nothing. "Hello." I spoke again with a clear annoyance to my tone. I began to hear heavy breathing into the phone. My eyebrows raised in confusion. Did he butt dial me?

"Harry?" I spoke again. The breathing continued. I shook my head and pressed the hang up button and put my phone down.

"Jerk." I muttered.

-

My doorbell rang, signalling that Eliza was here and I skipped over to let her in.

"Hey bitch!" Eliza squealed as I jumped into her arms for a hug.

"I missed you." I tell her as I pull away from the hug.

"Of course you did." she smirks. She then bends down and reaches into her bag, pulling out a huge bag of chips and some drinks. "I came prepared." she says, smiling.

I smile brightly and point over to the coffee table where I had a selection of movies laid out. "I'm prepared too." I say.

She giggles and links her arm in mine as we both walk over to the living room. We sit and scan through the movies.

Eliza holds up a DVD and extends it towards me. "How about The Notebook?"

We sit and stare in silence for a moment before simultaneously saying, "Nah." and laughing.

I pick up '10 Things I Hate About You' and hold it towards her. She shakes her head in disgust and I laugh.

We finally decided on 'Breakfast on Tiffany's'. However, we really just left it on as background noise. Eliza and I were good at getting into really deep conversations when we were alone. We had such a special bond and I know that we would do anything for the other's happiness. I was so lucky to have her in every way.