part fify three: 72 hours

3 days before the attack

Lydia White

"Explain to me again what we're doing." I follow Harry around the apartment as he searches for his car keys.

"We're visiting a place. A very important place. And I'll tell you more when we get there." he explains vaguely as he scavenges for his keys.

"Great explanation, Harry, thanks." I nod with sarcasm.

He locates his keys and turns around, grabbing me by the shoulders and looking into my eyes. "Would you just trust me?" he lets go and goes to put his black boots on.

"Well of course I trust you. It's the people who want both of us dead that I don't trust." I state as I put my white sneakers on next to him.

"Lyds this place is like two hours away. They won't find us." he explains, making me feel only slightly better.

I had no idea what we were doing or where this place was.

About 30 minutes ago, he woke me up at 5 in the morning. He simply told me we had to go somewhere and that I need to get ready. I threw on leggings and his grey hoodie, ate a bowl of cereal and now here we are.

"Ready to go?" he asks, looking me up and down. He was wearing his regular black skinny jeans and a black hoodie.

"Yes." I nod and we head out the door.

We've almost been driving for two hours and it was about 7:15 now. The sun was just beginning to rise, causing the sky to be tinted pink and orange.

This was something I haven't experienced in a while. Being in that apartment kept the sunrises and sunsets hidden unlike being in the house where it was completely exposed.

Harry admired it as we drove. I did too, but not as much as I admired him.

Looking at him, he just looked like a regular guy enjoying the rising sun. But he had so much going on inside and there was so much chaos surrounding him that this almost seemed very ironic.

He was such a pure sight to see, despite his life. His sleepy bed hair was messy on top of his head, but I loved it when his hair looked like that. His eyes were slightly puffy from sleep, but he wasn't tired. His bruises were starting to fade from a dark purple to a lighter greenish-yellow. He was the most beautiful human alive and even though he doesn't believe it, it's true.

In just three days...just 72 hours...the unknown will happen.

I'm trying not to think about it. He told me he just wants to enjoy the time we have right now, and focus on the future when that time comes. I didn't want to lose him. I loved him. I don't know what I'd do if he-

I don't even want to say the word.

Driving and looking at him reminds me of when we were first getting to know each other. This is what we would do. He would drive, I would stare. I'd be fascinated by him and, to be honest, nothing has changed.

"I really hope I get to see this again." he says, looking out the window.

It was like he was thinking out loud. He was wishing to himself that he'd live past this attack so he'd be able to watch the sunrise again.