part six

Lydia White

Embarrassed. That was all I could feel. I had just cried in front of this man who I've spoken to twice in my life. But it was the strangest thing. I felt this sense of comfort around him, almost feeling protected.

The rest of the ride home was quiet not accounting for the few directions that I gave Harry. When we reached my apartment he parked the car and shifted towards me. I glanced up at him before he spoke.

"You alright?" he says. His green eyes flicking back and forth between my blue ones.

"Thank you for the ride." I said, reaching for the door handle. I was about to get out until I felt a hand on my wrist. I whipped around to be met with his face, inches away from mine.

"Are you okay." he says slowly. My breath became unstable as I stared into his eyes, unable to think. His jaw was clenched, eyebrows furrowed...and his eyes showed genuine worry and concern.

"I'll be okay." I choke out. He takes his hand off my wrist and shoots me a half smile. I sit for a moment, trying to collect myself. Harry taps the steering wheel with his fingers and purses his lips together, looking out into the distance, as if in deep thought.

He glances at me and smirks slightly.

"What are you waiting for, Lydia? You want my number or something?" He laughs. I felt a wave of courage come over me suddenly.

"Yeah." I clamp my hand over my mouth and my eyes widen. Harry's eyes widen slightly as well and he smirks once again.

What was I thinking?

"Give me your phone then." He says, holding his open hand out for me to put my phone in. I reach into my bag and place it in his hand. He smiles, showing his perfect teeth and dimple.

After typing in his number, he hands me my phone.

"Thanks." I say, attempting to give him a smile.

"I'll see you around, Lydia." He replies. He then drives his slick, shiny black car away from my apartment as I stand in the parking lot, completely dumbfounded.

Harry Styles

Her big blue eyes filled my mind as I drove home. Her blonde hair and her little smile flooded my thoughts. She was hot. There was absolutely no denying it. The best part was is that she probably had no idea.

But what was most important about Lydia was that she was associated with James. She could be the key to everything.

She could be useful to me.

My phone started ringing and I picked up, not looking at who the caller was.

"Hello?" I say.

"Styles! You need to get home right the fuck now."

Louis. I had almost forgotten about the guys leaving without telling me. There was a commotion going on from the other line of the phone. Glass breaking followed by screaming.

"What the hell is going on?" I say through clenched teeth.

"It's the Phantoms, Harry."

My blood runs cold as soon as Louis says the name. The Phantoms were our rivals. They've killed so many of us but we've killed more of them. They were dangerous, but we were deadly.

"I'll be right there." I say, hanging up the phone.

I immediately speed down the highway. Trees surrounded me and there were no other cars on the road. With each passing second that I wasn't home I was increasing the speed. I had no idea what could be going on with the guys right now, but I wasn't going to let any of them get hurt tonight.

-

I pulled into our big house that was hidden away by the woods surrounding it. I reached over into my glove box, grabbing the gun which I kept locked inside. I bolted through the door to be met with Liam and Louis.

"What's happening?" I say frantically. Louis smirks at me and steps to the side to reveal Niall standing next to a man tied to a chair in our kitchen.

I walked towards the kitchen and Niall tossed a black leather jacket at me. The Phantoms wore these to show everyone who they were. I caught the jacket and looked around at the guys, then back at the man who was tied up and staring right at me.

"This piece of shit was taking pictures of the house. " Niall says while pointing at the man.

I swing my gun around in my hand as I approach the man, whom the boys had clearly beaten pretty badly.

I stand over him and he looks down.

"What's your name?" I say calmly. He says nothing.

I grab a fistful of his hair and force him to look up at me.

"What is your name?" I scowl at him through clenched teeth.

He looks at me. "Luke." he says through bloody teeth.

"Tell me Luke. How the fuck did you find my house?" I say, letting go of his hair.

"You wish, Styles." he smirks at me.

Anger overcomes me and I grab Luke's jaw in my hand, putting my gun to his temple.

"Why were you here and what do the Phantoms want?!" I shout, inches away from his face.

He continues smirking at me.

I let go of his face and turn around, taking a deep breath while the other guys look at me. I stand up straight and turn around quickly, aiming my gun at Luke's head and pulling the trigger with no hesitation. The bullet goes straight through his skull and his head falls to his chest.

"Fucker." I mutter, putting my gun into the waistband of my jeans.

"Well what now?" Liam says.

"The Phantoms want to play games. So that's what we're gonna do. We'll go through this fuckhead's phone and find a Phantom member's house to dump his body at. Then they'll see just how serious we take shit like this." I say.

Louis looks at the body, and then at me.

"Nice shot, Haz." He says, high-fiving me.

"Well, I wasn't going to miss this time. Not after James."

k buckle up cause from now on this story is a RIDE. love u.