part thirty six

Lydia White

We're moving today.

It's been four days since the break in...three days of the house being guarded, and now it was time to go.

There were boxes scattered all over the house, and the guys were loading them into the back of Louis' truck.

Harry said that the place that we were going was already furnished because they've lived there before, so we didn't need to pack up the entire house.

I was in my room packing the last of my clothes when I heard a knock at my opened door.

I looked up to see Harry leaning against the doorframe, looking down at me on the floor next to my half-packed bag.

"Hi." I smile. He smiles in return and comes to sit next to me, cross-legged.

Things between us have been really good. Since the day he cried to me on the floor, he's been so open and...happy lately. I'm not really sure why, but I liked it.

I still can't believe he cried that day. It seemed like a really rare thing for him to do. It made me feel really special that he totally opened himself up and became vulnerable for me.

"So, I wanted to talk to you." Harry says, grabbing some of my clothes off the pile and folding them to fit in my bag.

"Okay." I say, waiting for him to continue.

He folds one of my shirts and hands it over to me to put in the bag. "I know this is really big. I just want to make sure that you're okay. Be honest." he says.

"I've told you this already. I'm okay." I tell him. We had a really big conversation about this last night in bed. He was really worried that everything was moving too fast for me. In a way, I guess it was...but if it was with him, then I didn't care.

Maybe I should care, but I trust him.

"I know, I know. I just want to make sure." he hands another article of clothing to me.

He helps me pack for a while longer as we sit in a comfortable silence.

But then he says something that catches me totally off guard.

"You don't want to go home, do you?"

My eyes flick from my bag up to his eyes. I sit up straight in total surprise that he just asked me that question.

"It's not safe for me to go home." I say, sitting frozen.

"That's not what I asked."

I shake my head and return to folding the clothes. I haven't even thought about going back to my apartment and back to my normal life...because it simply didn't exist anymore.

Everything I thought I knew before was completely different now, and I just couldn't see myself returning to it all.

"No. I don't." I answer.

"Really? Not even a little?" he asks.

I look up at him. I examine his face and his expression. I knew he really wanted me to stay, but he was really worried I'd say I want to go leave.

But, I also knew that if I told him I want to leave...he'd take me right away.

Except I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay wherever he was. I wish he would just realize that.

Can't this boy see that he's my home now?

"You can't get rid of me that easily, sorry." I smirk.