part twenty one

Lydia White

I haven't left my room for the whole day. I couldn't. There was no way in hell I was able to face Harry and the guys...not after what I've learned in these past 12 hours.

They were the ones that broke into the diner, and they were the ones who terrorized my mind for weeks.

I've always felt like there was something different about Harry, but I sure as hell didn't think it was the fact that he was the leader of a gang. It didn't feel real. None of it did. I felt like I was having a really bad dream.

But I was awake.

I was still in the dark about so much. Did the people who broke into my home have something to do with this? The man in the store? Was my brother involved? These were all questions racing through my mind constantly. And I wanted answers.

As much as I hated and was terrified of him right now, Harry was the only way I would find out the truth. But I wasn't going to approach him. I was going to let him come to me because if I went to him...it would seem like everything was fine.

And it was most definitely not.

The whole time I've been in my room, I thought about escaping. I thought about calling Eliza or James or anyone to come pick me up so I could get out of here.

But, as I thought about it more...there was a part of me that didn't want to leave.

There was a part of me that did trust Harry. Deep down, I knew he wanted to keep me safe. If he wanted to hurt me, he probably would have done it by now. He's had so many opportunities where I was vulnerable and clueless, so he could have just killed me there and then.

But this side of me was battling with the side that now thought of Harry as a deranged psychopath who tried to murder my friend.

The bed that I confined myself to wasn't even my bed. Usually, if I had a bad day or if there was something shitty going on in my life, I'd be able to crash into my own bed at the end of the day.

But here I was, in a strangers bed, in a gang leaders house.

I didn't know what time it was, but it wasn't dark out so it had to be daytime. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, then combed my fingers through my extremely messy bed head.

I looked in the mirror in front of my bed. I've been through hell this past 12ish hours, and I looked like it too. I had heavy bags under my red eyes. My cheeks were flushed and my hair was all over the place. I had changed out of the wet clothes and into a pair of shorts and a large grey sweater.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed with a groan. I hadn't moved in hours. I let my feet hit the floor and eventually stood up, putting all my weight on them. My feet were very sore from running without shoes. Actually, my entire body was sore. It had been put under so much turmoil. I was also dirty. I didn't get the chance to shower. The rain had washed pretty much all of the dirt from the ground off of me, but I could still feel it.

To sum it up, I wanted to clean myself...so bad. But I didn't want to leave the room.

I sigh, knowing I can't stay in this room for the rest of my life. I have to get up to at least use the bathroom. Maybe I can sneak my way down the hall to the washroom without being seen.

The last thing I wanted to do was talk to any of these men. They were monsters.

I walk to my door and inhale sharply before hesitantly turning the handle. The door creeps open and I pinch my eyes shut in hopes that it would stay silent as it opens up.