part fifteen

Lydia White

"You ready to go, Lydia?" I hear Harry yell from the bottom of the stairs. I grab my phone and walk out of my room wearing my work uniform while tying my hair in a ponytail.

"Ready." I say as I walk towards him.

-
"Hey, thanks for taking me to work." I say to Harry as he drives down the road. He looks over at me and shoots me a little smile.

"It's nothing." he says. He returns his gaze back on the road. One hand was on the wheel and the other was resting at his side.

The sun was setting, which gave the sky and everything underneath it a pinkish- orange glow. It was such a pretty and calming sight that clashed with all the chaos that was happening in my life.

"The sky is so pretty." I say softly. I can feel Harry glancing at me, so I turn my head to look back at him. He's smiling slightly.

"Yeah it's alright." he says in reply, turning his head back to the road.

Whenever Harry smiles I immediately feel happier. I don't know why. Smiles suited him. His eyes turn a brighter green. His dimple, which fits his face so well, pops out. His perfect teeth shine through his parted lips. He looks beautiful.

We pull into the parking lot of the diner. When Harry parks the car, I grab my purse and start to get out before I see James getting out of his car.

"James!" I yell to get his attention. He sees me and smiles as he starts to walk over to me. "Harry, I want you to meet James, c'mon." I say, turning my focus to Harry. I hear him sigh as he gets out of the car.

When Harry gets out, James freezes for a moment, then continues walking.

"James, this is Harry." I say. James looks Harry up and down. Harry then holds his hand out to give James a handshake.

James hesitantly put his hand into Harry's. Why was he being so weird?

"Nice to meet you." Harry says, smiling brightly at James.

"You as well." James says. He shifts his attention to me. "Boyfriend?" he asks.

I widen my eyes in shock. "Oh my god, no! He just drove me here." I say. I hear Harry laughing from beside me.

"Thanks for the ride." I say to him while heading into the building with James.

"I'll be here at the 11 to pick you up!" Harry yells from his car, then speeds out of the parking lot.

"I could drive you home if it's easier." James says as we enter the diner.

"Oh, no it's okay." I reply. James didn't know that I was staying with Harry. He didn't even know about the break ins. I didn't want him to worry about me especially after what happened to him.

I had to act like everything was completely normal.

Harry Styles

"We're going to have to tell her at some point, Harry." Niall says.

We all stood in the kitchen. Stress and annoyance filled the room.

Our gang, the Kings, needed to have a meeting because the Phantoms we're gaining numbers. These 'meetings' were usually parties and they were usually held at our house.

"We can't just tell her." I reply. I didn't want Lydia to know about what I do, nor did I want her to get involved.

"Well it's either that or we bring her back home because we need to have this meeting, Harry." Niall barks.