part thirty five

Harry Styles

As I followed Niall out of the kitchen, I felt the pit in my stomach growing with every step.

I followed Niall's lead down the corridor until he stopped in front of a door.

The basement door.

He opened it and I walked behind him cautiously down the stairs.

I knew what I was going to see. I knew they had a person, most likely a Phantom down here...because this is where we took them.

As I turned the corner, my thoughts were confirmed.

A broad man hung from the wall by his wrists, barely conscious. His head hung low with his chin to his chest. I could see the blood dripping from his nose and mouth. His black leather jacket was tossed on the floor beneath him. The walls around him, as usual, were decorated with weapons. There was a table in the middle of the room with torturous tools laid upon it.

Louis stood before the man. He held a gun in his hand and a metal rod in the other.

Liam, smoking a cigarette and watching Louis taunt the man in front of him, turned around and widened his eyes when he noticed me.

I, myself, was furious. They went behind my back and captured this man.

"What the fuck!" I shout.

Louis turns around to face me. "This is the one of the fuckers that attacked you and Lydia. Found him in the woods last night after everyone went to sleep." he says proudly.

"He's been down here since last night! Louis what are you thinking?" I scowl. The man raises his head groggily, and his eyes land directly on me.

His lips curl into a devious smirk, sparking my anger even more.

"What the fuck are you smirking at?" Louis scoffs at the Phantom, raising his gun.

"Louis, don't!" I yell, running towards him.

I grab onto his hand and aim his gun away from the man right before he pulls the trigger, causing the bullet to hit the metal walls of the basement.

"What the hell!" Louis yells.

"Lydia is upstairs. You're not shooting him right now." I mutter in his face. Louis glares at me, keeping his jaw clenched.

"Need I remind you that this man almost killed Lydia? And you." he shakes his head.

I turn to the captured man hanging on the wall. He wiggles his wrists around in a hopeless attempt to escape, as if he'd make it any further than a few steps if he did manage to get loose.

He stares at me and displays the smile of the devil...his mouth covered in blood.

"You. Don't think you're getting away that easily, you son of a bitch." I growl at him.

If Lydia wasn't here right now, I would have put a bullet through his skull without hesitation...

...and I wanted to do it so badly.

"Just let us kill the bastard already!" Liam says.

"Don't you idiots remember what happened last time we shot a Phantom member?" I say, looking at all of them.

"Lydia's making you soft, Styles" Louis taunts, swinging the gun in his hand. I glare at him as he walks backwards towards the man, keeping his eyes glued on me. "If it weren't for her...he'd have a hole in his head by now." he says, pushing the man's stomach with his free hand so his back hits the wall behind him.