Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning being shaken. I groaned and sat up. It was still dark out. "What time is it" I asked yawning. "Five o'clock, but that's not what matters, at least to you" Dean said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Gabriel went missing. They are talking to anyone who might know anything about his where abouts, or why he might have left" Sam said. "Actually they are pretty much just talking to anyone who knew him" Dean changed his brothers statement. "Have you guys talked to them?" I asked. "Yeah, a couple minutes ago, while you were asleep. They want to talk to you next. They are talking to Cas right now" Dean informed me.

I jumped out of bed as Cas walked in. I looked at Cas and it looked like he may cry. I tapped Dean's shoulder. "Dean you should probably go comfort Cas, he could use it" I told him. "You're the girl, you do it" Dean said to me. "First, I don't think he likes me right now, and is probably finding anyone possible to blame, and second, he would be comforting you if it was Sam who had gone missing" I told him. He sighed and walked over to his friend. "Thank you" Sam whispered in my ear. I looked back at him confused. "I've been trying to get Dean to do anything remotely like that for the past couple years" Sam told me. "Hannah if you could come out into the hall with us" one man said sticking his head in through the door.

I walked out and stood in front of them. "We want to ask you a few questions about Gabriel" man one said. I nodded. "What was your relation with Gabriel?" Man two asked. "I was his girlfriend" I told them. "Was?" Man one said in a questioning way. "We broke up Wednesday" I told him. "Why was that?" Man two asked. "Well one of my ex-friends kissed me, I did nothing because I was shocked and he showed up a moment later. He got mad. Then when he tried to apologize Thursday I said no, because he had said some pretty hurtful things, and I have low trust when people break it" I told them. "Does this mean anything to you?" Man one asked and handed me a piece of paper. 'I'm sorry. Like I said before, I thought you would be different. A bit more accepting. I'll be gone for a while. I don't know when I'll be back. I hope things can be different when I do -Gabriel'. I read it silently in my head. "No, I don't know, maybe he is talking about the school" I suggested. "Thank you for your time" man two said and they walked off. I walked back into the room and managed to get back to my bed before I started to break down. Sam came to comfort me, since Dean was still with Cas. "It's all my fault" I continually kept saying aloud. "Hannah I'm sure this isn't your fault" Sam said. "It is though. That note, it was to me. Before he walked off, back when we broke up, he said 'I thought you would be different from everyone else' and he wrote that on the note" I said. Full on sobs racked my body. Sam pulled me into a hug, in more of a comfort way.

The door flew open and I looked up in hope, but it was only Charlie. "I just heard what happened" Charlie said as she walked in and closed the door behind her. She walked over to me first. Giving Cas and Dean sometime together, alone. "Hannah I'm sorry, I know you guys were fighting, but this must be horrible for you" Charlie said to me. I nodded. "She is blaming herself for this" Sam told her. "Hannah, this isn't your fault. It was probably one of his dumbass archangel brothers who are already fighting. With them like that, I would have ditched sooner" Charlie said. "Before he left me, he said that he thought I was different, that I wasn't the same as everyone else, that's what he wrote on the note he left. He also said he hopes things can be different when he does return" I told her. I started to sob again and this time Charlie pulled me into a hug. "Hannah this isn't your fault. This is just bad timing. A lot of things were going on and he just couldn't take it. You were probably the only thing keeping him here while he was, and you will probably be the reason he comes back" Charlie said.

I managed to stop crying after a while and I made myself look a little presentable. We headed down to breakfast. I didn't eat anything. "Hello class. I have some bad news. Some of you already know, and have been talked to about it. A fellow student of yours, Gabriel Shurley, has gone missing. We are asking anyone who had any sort of relation with him to talk to us. Classes for today are canceled and will resume themselves on Monday. The dance for tonight is also canceled. And for anyone who feels like they need to talk to someone, guidance will be open all day" Tony said addressing the school. He walked off and when we were done eating we all went back up to our dorms.