-Chapter 3: Not One For Party Planning-

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)!" A voice tried to get your attention, their tone aggravated and annoyed. "Are you even listening?!" They huffed.

You blinked as you looked back towards the lunch table. "Yeah...I was just...just thinking about our upcoming, psychology test next week." You lied to your friend that sat beside you, trying to look like you paid attention.

Her name was Amber; a dark-haired girl whose hair was dip-dyed pink at the ends and had blue shimmering orbs for eyes. "Riiight." She replied with sarcasm. "It sure looked like it."

"Hey, hey," Cadence stepped in and tried to cool the situation down; her silky, short, blonde hair curling around her face and her coffee-coloured eyes staying calm and collected. "Why don't you just tell her again, Amber? Rather than growing annoyed."

"I shouldn't have to." Amber rolled her eyes and leaned on her hands, raising her eyebrows while she let out an irritated sigh.

"I'm with Amber on this one, Cadence." Your curly, black-coloured haired friend named Laura sided with Amber - which was to be expected considering they were as thick as thieves. "It is important after all."

"Exactly!" Amber exclaimed triumphantly. "It's definitely important."

Cadence released a sound of exasperation. "Sure it is." She said, crumpling up a piece of paper and throwing it straight at Amber. Then she did the same with Laura.

"Cadence!!" Laura and Amber both snapped, causing you and Cadence to laugh a little.

"Calm down you guys." You finally said, "Just tell me what I missed, if it was that important."

"Fine." Amber pursed her lips and spoke stiffly, tossing the piece of paper back at Cadence before continuing. "I'm throwing a party at my place tonight, and I need help deciding on—"

Suddenly, she stopped. "—deciding on what exactly?" You probed, frowning as you pushed your food around with your fork. After last night's nightmare though, you weren't really feeling up to eating lunch at the moment.

"Amber? You...okay?" Laura asked in confusion, tapping her shoulder and looking at her friend curiously. "Why'd you stop?"

"There...There was a guy..." Amber faintly trailed off, pointing towards one of the cafeteria's windows. "Over there..."

"So?" Cadence looked bored. "You see and meet up with guys all the time Amber. What's so special about this one?" She questioned.

"Yeah, what did he even look like?" You joined in, wondering why Amber would stop and look intimidated by this particular male.

"He...He was covered in blood, guys." Her voice sounded anxious - which was unusual for Amber, considering she was usually a bit stuck-up. "And he was wearing a boiler suit. Not to mention a weird, pale mask. Like what the hell was he doing here? And he was staring too..."

"I didn't see anything..." Laura awkwardly replied. "Are you feeling okay, Amb?"

You looked at the window too, and just saw the outside of the uni's campus; students loitering around the grassy grounds and chattering amongst themselves. "I...just see students. Are you pranking us or something?" You put your fork down and decided to finish eating, a tad bit suspicious.

"I am NOT!" Amber hissed, turning to Cadence in desperation. "You believe me, right Cadie?"

"Y'know, you calling me the nickname I despise doesn't give your argument much weight." Cadence muttered.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" Amber bursted out, standing up and slamming her fists down on the table. "But I am NOT lying!"

Hmm...you'd never seen Amber so serious before. Perhaps this guy had simply walked off...? "I believe you." You surprised yourself by saying that, let alone Cadence and Laura.