-Chapter 9: Engaging In A Serious Conversation-

Making it to the library safely, you headed towards the front desk and reached into your bag; pulling out the two books you wanted to return. "I'd like to return these, please." You spoke in a pleasant tone, placing them onto the desk while you waited for her response.

"Of course. Can I ask your name?" She asked, turning to face you as she took ahold of the two books with both hands.

"(Y/n)...(Y/n) (L/n). And my mother's name is (M/n) (L/n)." You politely responded, flashing her a warm smile and continuing to wait.

The librarian shot you a kind smile in return as she typed on the computer - presumably to find the correct return. "Ah, here you are." She said in an good-natured voice, giving you a friendly wave once she'd sorted it all out. "You have a nice day now."

"You too!" You replied and turned around, stopping in your tracks as you almost bumped into a certain someone a second time. "Hannibal...? What are you doing here?"

"My, my, it seems we're beginning to make a habit of bumping into each other." Hannibal smiled lightly, "-And this is a library, (Y/n)."

"Yes it is, I'm sorry." You quickly apologised - not wanting to seem rude. "I just wasn't expecting to see you again, that's all." Biting your lip, you looked down and felt ashamed.

"You're not the only one." He chuckled in amusement, tilting your chin up with his thumb and forefinger. "What an unexpected - and pleasant - surprise." His previous and oddly intimate actions made you blush, not knowing how to act in such a situation.

"I-It's good to see you again." You stammered slightly, trying to seem civil. "How are you doing today? Everything okay?"

"It's excellent to see you again as well, (Y/n) dear." Hannibal respectfully answered, "I'm doing fine today, and yes, everything is alright. Now, is there anything I can do for you?" He inquired. 

You thought for a second or two, wondering if there was anything he could help you with. "Um...would you happen to know anything about someone named Myers? I'm afraid I don't know whether or not that's his first name, but that's all I have to really go on..." You held the sides of your arms together and looked into his sienna-shaded eyes shyly, hoping he would know something; anything.

The edges of Hannibal's mouth pulled up into a small smile, but his eyes appeared to be quite serious. "It seems like you have a tendency to come across dangerous individuals, don't you (Y/n)?" He remarked with subtle mirth, before clearing his throat and carrying on. "I'm assuming you mean Michael Myers."

"Does he wear a pale mask and a boiler suit? Because that's the man I mean, and the man my friend Amber and I saw." You said eagerly, ignoring Freddy's demands about never thinking about Myers again. You had to know who he was. This was crucial.

"You have a very keen eye, considering he's a stalker who's tremendously difficult to keep track of." The dark-haired man paused for a moment and then continued, "But yes, that is Michael's usual attire." His expression turned from blasé to stern, taking you by the hand as he lead you away from the front desk.

" 'Usual attire' You're speaking as if you know him personally." You curiously quoted, "And how come we're heading away from the main desk...?" You were extremely confused, thinking back to what Freddy had said before.