-Chapter 55: Back To Class-

"Now, back to what we were discussing." The professor turned back to the projector and flicked to the next slide, "Not only do mental characteristics of a person's mind control their thoughts and behaviour, it also influences their emotions and their communication skills." She addressed the entire class and you flicked open your notebook - wanting to jot down notes.

"So Rose..." You whispered to the girl who sat in front of you quietly - not wanting to interrupt the class, "Do you know what I've missed the last couple of days?"

"Why people grow depressed and how to help them overcome it." Rose helpfully answered, "Along with preventing stress and stopping anxiety. I think that was it."

"Thanks, Rose." You thanked her in immense relief, "I really owe you one."

The class carried on; you continuing to take down notes and pay attention to everything you were learning. You wanted to become a psychologist and make it your profession, so why wouldn't you focus? To you, it was immensely interesting, learning about how people think and how to help them with different types of problems. Now since your seat was right next to the window, you could always see things out of your peripheral vision, whether you wanted to or not. Usually you only saw things like birds fluttering in and out of the trees, or other people walking to their classes - but of course, today you noticed Michael.

Suppressing an eye-roll, you forced yourself to study the subject at hand; jotting down important things and trying your best to learn everything new. At some point though, you'd also have to teach yourself what you'd missed - so you could properly catch up and not fall so far behind. Because - at the moment - you weren't exactly on the same level as your fellow classmates. But it's not like you couldn't catch up or anything, you'd just never really fallen behind like this before. So— You shook your head and carried on with what your professor was saying, not wanting to fall behind any more than you already were.

Your pen furiously scratched against the paper, almost like it was on fire as you focused on the subject at hand. The topic was helping people overcome depression. Funny how that dark issue kept popping up, no matter where you went. You felt it when being forced to switch house. You felt it when making sure your mother was properly protected. And you felt it when your freedom was ripped away from you in the very beginning. Of course, it was handed back to you by Hannibal - but still, that doesn't change the fact that it was taken in the first place. Then why...? Why did you care so much? About Norman and his nightmares? About Hannibal, Jason, Michael? Even Freddy - despite his aggravating antics.

Just what was happening here? Your head clouded with conflicting thoughts; clashing and colliding against each other relentlessly whilst they hurt not only your head, but your heart as well. It thumped unevenly - the fluttering beats causing your pen to stop moving. This wasn't good. You had to focus. You had to...to pay attention. Flashing another quick peek at Michael, your attention span faltered - your mind feeling like it was being yanked back towards the slashers. Without even realising it you were twirling your pen around with your fingers, feeling trapped. Why did you feel so relaxed around them? What was it?

Dating all five...it felt like some sort of fanfic. Almost...Almost unreal. Ugh! Focus, focus, focus...Your pen scribbled once again as you listened to your psychology teacher, not wanting to seem like you weren't interested. Still though...even if you could be happy living with Hannibal and the others, would it be right? After all, weren't you merely an offering to appease them? Why were they so attached to you? Perhaps loneliness. Because to be shunned by society...to be isolated from everyone else...it would make you feel cut-off. ...Wouldn't it? Hannibal, Michael, Norman, Jason... Even Freddy... It doesn't seem like any of them would share their real feelings.