-Chapter 5: Being Believed By Hannibal-

But, she shut her lips, gave a nod, and then spun around - leaving the room without a word. "Now then," Hannibal turned his attention back to you with another smile, "Tell me all about what brought you here."

You sighed and softly shook your head, feeling incredibly self-conscious. "You're going to think I'm crazy..." You mumbled insecurely.

"(Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n)," The dark-haired male chuckled, placing his pen and notebook down before taking ahold of your hands, "I think I've dealt with crazier people than you."

"Well it's just..." You took a deep breath and decided to just say it. "—the leg wound and collarbone cuts didn't come from me self-harming or whatever my mom decided to freak out about." You began to explain, flushing pink a little, "—I don't self-harm. They...They came from my dreams. From my...my nightmares."

"From your nightmares...?" Hannibal questioned slowly, tilting his head a little.

"Yes. I'm always in a boiler room...with a guy who constantly attacks me." You awkwardly continued, "You probably think I'm nuts - and maybe I am - but—"

"I don't think you're nuts. I believe you." He interrupted; his voice sounding calm.

Was he trying to mess with you? There's no way he actually believed you. "I—You...You can't be serious. My mom didn't even believe me." Your tone was full of disbelief as you frowned, taking your hands out of his and deciding that he must be pulling your leg.

Hannibal instead merely cleared his throat. "He wears a red-and-green, striped sweater, along with brown pants and a faded fedora." He started, stunning you immediately. "—He wields a knifed glove on his right hand, and can disappear and reappear at will." His response made you quickly stand up; horror draining the colour from your face while tears pricked at your eyelids. H...How did he...?

"I'm surprised he'd show himself to you, considering you're not in Springwood." The psychiatrist carried on, getting to his feet and taking ahold of your hands again. "There must be something about you..." His sienna-shaded eyes stared into yours with overwhelming intensity, "—something that he couldn't find anywhere else. That's why he's playing with you, I assume." He muttered, his thumbs brushing over your hands whilst he mused over the topic.

"I-If he wants to play with me so much, then why is he trying to kill me...?" You whispered with a slight stutter, a shred of fear sparking up inside you. What happened to the courage and lack of fear you felt last night? Did it simply fade? "—And how do you know about him?"

"Killing is how Krueger plays." Hannibal answered you honestly, "It's one of his favourite pastimes. In fact—" Suddenly, he stopped; moving back just as the door opened.

"I figured (Y/n) had told her side of the story by now." You mother hesitantly spoke up, "So...what's the verdict?"

The dark-haired male shot you a serious glance before moving his gaze back to your mother. "I've heard (Y/n)'s side of the story, and I have to say - her mind seems to be extremely messed up by these nightmares. So much so that I'm going to have to prescribe medication." He lied to your mother without a second thought - confusing the hell out of you. Was he lying to your mother? Or was he lying to you?