-Chapter 10: Facing More Than One Slasher-

"Really...?"
"Really."

You smiled at his kind words, feeling much better once he'd said that. "Thanks." You shyly spoke. "That's really kind of you to say."

"You're very welcome." Hannibal responded warmly, his smile faltering slightly a second later. "Just promise me something, and swear that you'll do it."

"Sure," You agreed immediately, "I'll do anything...as long as it's not too complicated."

He stopped cradling your cheeks and returned to holding your hands; leaning towards the side of your head as his lips brushed against your ear. "Promise me you'll start taking those Hypnocil pills, (Y/n). It's incredibly important - seeing as I've noticed the bags under your eyes and how exhausted you are. Please."

"I...Well, it's just—"

"—He's not good for you, (Y/n)." Hannibal cut you off gravely, his grip on your hands tightening whilst he talked. "Love bites are just the beginning. He won't hesitate to take it further with you - and probably without permission too."

"Alright." You timidly gave in and decided to promise. "I'll start taking the Hypnocil, I swear." His stare was very stern, as if he was debating whether or not to trust your reply.

"I'm glad to hear it." Hannibal's expression relaxed into a kinder face, believing you. "You'll be much safer. In fact—"

"Oh!" You interrupted suddenly, pulling your hand out of his and holding the sides of your arms, due to feeling awkward  "There's something I think you should know."

"Something you think I should know?" He curiously echoed - almost copying your actions as he crossed his arms instead.

"Something about Freddy. You see...he can sort of come into the real world. I don't know how long he's been able to do it, but..." You trailed off and stopped talking, not knowing how to continue the conversation.

"I know, but the Hypnocil will at least stop one of his ways to mess with your mind, (Y/n)." Hannibal solemnly said. "He's dangerous. Don't involve yourself with him." His warning made you slightly nervous, so you dipped your head to indicate a nod.

"Okay, okay, I...I won't." Your response pleased the psychiatrist, the male opposite you looking rather relieved at your response.

"That's good. Feel free to visit the hospital again if you have any other problems, alright (Y/n)?" He held his hand out and flashed you another one of his friendly smiles - the conversation coming to a close.

"Of course, I appreciate all of your help." You smiled back and shook his hand.

"Not a problem." Hannibal lightly spoke, "Now if you'll excuse me, I unfortunately have to leave your company, due to the fact that I have a meeting to go to - a meeting with my fellow associate, Will Graham." He explained calmly, reaching out and pulling a specific book from one of the shelves as he tucked it under his armpit.

"Don't worry about it." You hurriedly shot back, "Good luck with your meeting - I hope everything goes well." You wished him luck and moved to the side, letting him go through.

"Thank you. Adieu, my dear (Y/n)," Hannibal paused for a moment, "—Then again, we'll most likely bump into each other once again." He chuckled.

"Probably." You gave a light laugh yourself, "Take care, Hannibal." After waving, you walked the other way and headed towards the entrance/exit - seeing that Hannibal had gone to the front desk, checking that book out.