-Chapter 22: Cross Your Heart?-

"Are you for real? Would YOU calm down after all of this?"
"It's not like any of us are going to kill you...not at the moment, anyway."
"Just answer more of my questions already!"

"More of your questions? Like what?" Freddy could've easily delved into your thoughts and figured out what you wanted to know, but the truth of the matter was that he really couldn't be bothered. To him, talking about the other killers was trivial.

Hmm...
What about this Jason guy? You say he's a child-minded baby, but he seems just as dangerous as you, Michael and Hannibal.

"What, hockey puck? Don't make me fucking laugh." The dream demon sneered, obviously disliking the question. "Dangerous, my ass! All he can do is swing that stupid machete around and listen to his dead mother like a machine. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about when he's around." He answered with annoyance - sounding like he had some sort of grudge against the guy.

"Sounds like you really hate him." You dryly remarked, removing his left hand from your face and folding your arms. "You didn't seem this resentful when it came to the other killers. Michael...Hannibal...Norman... But when it comes to Jason, you never stop slighting him. What's the deal there?" Your curiosity bubbled to the surface once again, the burnt male's expression twisting into a more...malicious one. Maybe you shouldn't have asked? But it was just so strange...

"Hate him? Hate him?" Freddy repeated darkly, his knifed glove scraping against the metal pipes beside you two. The screeching sound made you flinch - not expecting him to react so viciously. "This goes way beyond hate, princess~" He chuckled; his eyes glinting with craziness.

"Then how come—?"

"Back in the day, Voorhees started to steal my kills," He growled and glared straight ahead - his voice brimming with venom, "He just wouldn't stop, because he's a stupid little mama's boy."

The killer's unstable and occasional twitching was a bit unsettling, so you took a step back before you spoke to him again. "...Okay then..." You continued awkwardly, "Is there anything else I need to know about these guys? Like how they act, or—"

You couldn't even finish; Freddy's left hand curling around your hand and gripping it with immense intensity. His teeth were gritted, the colour of his eyes were flickering between a dark emerald and a raging ruby - but the way he was standing...it wasn't like his usual posture at all. His usual posture was arrogant...smug...though this...this was different. He was rigid, overflowing with rage as he yanked you closer to him - clearly infuriated by something. What had set him off, anyway? Had your questions hit too close to home or something? Did he dislike the other slashers that much? No, that couldn't be it.

"Now you listen to me, sweets," Freddy ordered in a threatening tone, "And you listen carefully. You fucking understand me?"

"Um...yeah...?" You hesitantly dipped your head as a nod and then tilted it; a bit confused by his random rage. "Was that question too personal or something...?"

"Too personal?" He laughed again; his laugh sounding deranged and slightly demented. "No, it wasn't too personal."