-Chapter 40: New Home-

Just what...Just what were you to do...?

"(Y-Y/n)-!" You turned your head a little and saw Norman hurry towards you, "W-Wait for me-!" He grasped your other hand - you now being sandwiched between them.

"Hey Norman." You greeted in a monotone voice, walking with the two of them as you three made your way towards their house.

"I-I can't wait for you to live with us-! O-Oh it's going to be so much fun-!" Norman exclaimed joyfully, giving your hand a squeeze and acting happy.

You remained silent; disagreeing with what he was so excited about. The only reason you were living with them was because of emotional blackmail, not because you were desperate to. It's true you liked them beforehand - but after that, you weren't so sure anymore. "Is that what you are? Are you one of those people? Are you...Are you a psychopath?" Why did you ask him that? And you didn't even give him time to answer. You were just so...just so frustrated by that point. Then again, you wondered what it was going to be like - living with all of them, minus Jason. At least he hadn't hurt you emotionally.

"(Y-Y/n)-?" Norman said your name worriedly, tilting his head a little. "A-Are you feeling alright-? Y-You seem a bit...a bit quiet." Quiet? No kidding. After all you'd been through tonight, what were you supposed to be like? Chirpy? Cheerful? "W-What's the matter-?"

"Feeling alright? What do you think? My mother got hurt because of me, and now I'm being forced to live in your house. I didn't get a choice. And the reason I'm so quiet is because I don't have anything to say." You coolly replied.

"Norman, it's impolite to pry." Hannibal's voice came from behind you three - so you spun around to face him and broke the hand-holding. "Please refrain from doing so."

"I-I'm sorry, (Y/n). I...I really didn't mean to-!" Norman apologised instantly, biting his lip and looking ashamed.

"My apologies for earlier, (Y/n)." Hannibal caught up to you three and held one of your hands in his, "I didn't mean to cause an outburst." Then, he paused for a moment. "But to answer your previous question, I guess you could say I am. Though I'm surprised you recognised all the symptoms - your psychology classes have taught you well it seems."

"So you agree?" You stared at his hand holding before looking up again, "You agree that you only get close to people to get what you want? Is that what you're doing to me? If so, what do you have to gain from getting close to me?"

Hannibal clasped both of your hands and shook his head, his dark eyes staring right back at you while he contemplated how to respond. "I don't think you'd like my answer to your first question. But I'm certainly not doing it to you." His thumbs brushed across your skin, a tint of pink colouring your cheeks.

You hated how your cheeks had heated up though. Why would a faint blush occur when you said those words to him? When you felt so frustrated and hurt? "How am I meant to trust you?" You retorted, disliking how embarrassed you were by his actions.

"I don't think there's anything I could say at the present time that would convince you." Hannibal calmly responded.

You were going to reply, but the short conversation between you two got interrupted; Michael shoving Hannibal away and bringing out his kitchen knife. "Michael? What did you do that for?" Confusion flowed from your tone while you watched him swing his weapon at Hannibal violently.