-Chapter 4: Encountering A Certain Psychiatrist-

After skipping classes, you decided to study psychology by yourself - at your own pace. But your mind was elsewhere, and you knew it. Eventually, you shut your notebook and your psychology book, calling it a day while you wondered what to do now. The front door slammed shut downstairs and you knew your mom had returned from work - which meant a ton of worrying about your thigh, how you felt, the cuts across your collarbone, etc etc. Suppressing a sigh, you waited for her to come up and start talking to you.

And sure enough she did, entering your room almost immediately. "I'm home, honey! How was uni? Did you learn anything new? I mean, I know you have an upcoming test, so I was just wondering—"

"—Actually Mom," You interrupted, "I skipped classes after lunch. I didn't feel too well."

Worry spread across her face like wildfire. "You're not feeling too well? Did the nightmare have something to do with it? Dammit, I knew we should've taken you to see a doctor for those injuries, or-or maybe a psychiatrist for the repetitive nightmares..." She fretted in a panic, as she brought you into a tight hug.

"What? No! I don't need a doctor or a psychiatrist! The nightmares will pass-!" You struggled against her grasp and faced her properly, speaking in a firm tone.

"You said that a week ago, (Y/n)! We're going to see a psychiatrist, and we're going to see one right now!" Your mother declared with a fierce voice, her expression stern.

"You don't even know any psychiatrists, Mom! Don't you think you're overreacting? Just a little bit?" You unhappily replied.

"Actually, I do. There's one who lives just outside of town, and works at the nearby, local hospital." She retorted, "This is non-negotiable. Grab your bag - we're leaving in five minutes." Once she'd said that, she swept out of the room like an angsty teen.

"—Wait! Mom!" You complained as you called after her, but you didn't receive any response. Either she was purposely ignoring your protesting, or she just didn't hear you. It was probably the first opinion. God dammit.

Moodily, you picked your handbag up from the floor and slid it over your shoulder; slamming the door shut behind you whilst you tried to keep your aggravation under control. This was so stupid. "There's one who lives just outside of town, and works at the nearby, local hospital." Uh-huh, right. You decided to just ignore your mother's anxious blathering and hop into the car. So what, does she think you're crazy now? That the repetitive nightmares somehow made you unstable? Ugh...dealing with her and her obsessive pandering was far too much sometimes. You leant back into the car seat and crossed your arms, staring out of the window as you wondered what to do.

Should you kick up a fuss and demand that she take you back home? Or should you keep your mouth shut and see if this psychiatrist could solve your nightmare problem? Before you could make any choice, your mother pulled into a parking lot and stopped the car - meaning that you two were both at the hospital. Great. Time to meet a new person. Wonder if this psychiatrist would actually be able to help stop these frequent, freaky nightmares involving a certain someone. Both of you walked towards the hospital and you let your mother talk to the person at the front desk, sitting in the waiting room a second later.

Your mother joined you a few minutes later, looking half-relieved, yet half-stressed still. "Good news, (Y/n). They'll be a psychiatrist we can talk to pretty soon. We just have to wait five or so minutes." She said, slightly smug while she sat herself down.

"Mom, this isn't necessary!" You protested with desperation, "Just because I said I wasn't feeling well at uni today, and that I've been having repetitive nightmares doesn't mean I need this kind of help!"