-Chapter 38: Breaking Point-

"I think it's important that you go and pack, my sweet (Y/n). Don't you agree?"

"Now...?" You were nervous to say the least, still not being able process this. Moving in with four slashers, keeping their secret, protecting your mother - all whilst you try to act natural and pretend nothing happened? What about your psychology classes? What about your friends? What were you going to do?

"Sooner rather than later is considerably more beneficial, don't you think?" Hannibal quoted in a friendly manner, taking a few steps towards you.

Without thinking, you automatically took one step back and felt your body tense up; still traumatised by all of them. They almost killed your mother without a care in the world, they all confessed their obsessive love towards you, and they all acted so...so possessive. "I...I suppose so. I'm going to go and pack by myself." You regained some of your composure and took a deep breath, beginning to walk out of the living room.

"W-Wait-!" Norman hurried to your side and grasped your wrist with both hands, "Please, oh please let me come with y-you. I-I c-can...I-I c-can help-! A-And keep you company too-!" You were going to reject him, but the desperate gleam in his eyes and his pleading begs changed your mind.

"I...well I guess you can tag along." You sighed, allowing the dark-haired teen to hold your hand and follow you into the hallway.

Silence settled between you both; you not wanting to talk and Norman probably too shy to strike up a proper conversation. But once you'd gone upstairs and opened the door to your bedroom, Norman stopped and looked around. "T-This is your bedroom-?"

"Mhm." You dipped your head, "Why do you ask?" You wondered as you made your way towards your wardrobe, pulling the suitcase down from the top of it.

"I-It's just so...just so nice." The timid male complimented shyly, "S-So pretty. I...I r-really, r-really like it." You felt nervous when his breathing became a bit ragged and his twitching returned, making him look a little unstable. Was he about to—?

"Norman...?" You hesitantly called his name, placing the suitcase on your bed and turning to face him. "Are you feeling alright...?"

"I-I really like y-you as well-!" He told you in a low and excited voice; walking straight into your bedroom and engulfing you in a tight hug, growing more and more in-love with you by the minute. No...the second. "I-I love you so, so much, (Y-Y/n). I...I do, I-I do, I really really do-!"

"I...I appreciate it, but—"

"P-Please tell me you feel the same-! I-I know you love me too-!" Norman cut you off and cuddled you harder, clinging to you like a child as he smiled brightly. "M-Mother told me y-you did-! O-Oh, I-I'm so happy-!"

"Hey, hey, let's slow down now." You placed your hands on his shoulders and gently moved him back, trying to calm yourself - and Norman -  down. But after everything that had happened - and was still going on - it was immensely difficult. "I...I'm flattered, really, but I...I can't decide how I feel on the spur of the moment. Especially not after what just happened before."