-Chapter 53: Norman's Nightmare-

Minutes passed as you slowly became anxious; not liking how blasé you felt. What they all did...it was awful. You were nothing more than a simple sacrifice - something to appease the four males that forced you into living here. And the whole serial killer secret...how on Earth could you keep that to yourself? Then again, it's not like Laura, Amber and Cadence would believe you anyway. Besides, would you even see Laura and Cadence tomorrow...? Cadence said herself that she was just being checked over - to make sure she was 100%. Surely you'd see her. And Laura...she was probably just recovering from the knife throw now.

Hopefully tomorrow you'd have everything sorted out. Then again— You swallowed nervously; recalling how enraged Freddy was earlier. He definitely wouldn't let the Hypnocil thing go so easily - especially if it meant you spent more time with the others and less time with him. Resting your head on Norman's shoulder, you internally Aww-ed at how adorable he was acting when asleep; the worn-out boy clutching your pyjama top while cuddling into your chest. A little smile worked its way onto your face after seeing how fast asleep Norman was - but it soon faded, due to noticing the heavy bags underneath his eyes and how pale his face seemed to be.

How harsh had Freddy been on this poor teen? Did he give them all nightmares? And how often? Perhaps it was a good thing you had the Hypnocil... Tomorrow you should give some to Norman - he looked like the one who really needed it. You ran your fingers through his dark-coloured locks and found his behaviour to be even cuter when he released an unconscious sigh of content; the male clearly exhausted by both Freddy and his disorders. Your eyes fluttered shut whilst your head subconsciously nestled into Norman's neck - feeling pretty tired-out yourself. It was pretty late, after all.

After an hour, you drifted off into a dreamless sleep and started to actually feel relaxed - but to be perfectly honest, you knew deep down you'd never get to experience that. Tiny, helpless cries of distress caused your eyes to shoot open, your sleepy gaze immediately spotting the source of the tearful sounds and growing concerned. Norman. The timid teen was twitching and trembling in terror - tears of anguish trickling down his pale cheeks. Shit, shit, shit. Was it a nightmare? It had to be. And you knew exactly who was responsible for such a malicious act of cruelty. But what could you do about such a vicious and venomous stunt!?

"Norman!? Norman!" You panicked, grasping his shoulders and trying to catch his attention. "It's just a dream! C'mon, don't let Freddy persecute you this way! Michael quick - do something!!" You directed your last sentence at the stalker, whom only tilted his head and shrugged; used to Krueger tormenting the others. Jesus Christ, how heartless could someone possibly be!?

Thinking fast, you took a deep breath and decided to sing a soft lullaby - feeling a little nervous. "A dream is a wish your heart makes." You sung soothingly, rubbing his shoulders as a comforting motion and leaning your head against his lovingly. "When you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep~"

A few seconds passed and so you bit your lip, feeling like it didn't work. Perhaps another one? Hmm... You'd have to swap out some words though... "Hush, little Norman, don't say a word. Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird~" You altered the lyrics on the spot, your exhaustion spiralling into alarm and worry instead. "And if that mockingbird won't sing, Papa's gonna buy you a—"

You didn't have time to finish; due to Norman's eyes flying open and a shaky gasp escaping his lips a second later. "(Y-Y/n)-! (Y-Y/n)-!" He sobbed sorrowfully, quivering while he broke down completely. "I-It's Freddy, he...he picked on me again-!"