-Chapter 42: Breakfast Bickering-

"Because you touched me out of nowhere!"
"Then why didn't you try and stop me?"
"Because I wasn't expecting it!"
"So why haven't you done anything?"
"Because—!"

A shocked gasp slipped through your lips as your eyes shot open; your body moving on its own as you sat up as quickly as humanly possible. Minutes ticked silently past before your phone alarm went off like it usually did - being loud and annoying. Man, last night had been...You couldn't even begin to describe it. Did you even feel well enough to go to your psychology class? Or should you take a few days off to recover and stay in your bedroom? Stifling a yawn, you turned your alarm off, not wanting to hear the obnoxious beep while you attempted to gather your distressed thoughts.

It was only after you'd turned your alarm off that you noticed Michael stalking you from the corner of the room; the pale-faced male staring at you intently. "Michael-!?" Your eyes widened at the sight of him - not expecting the silent killer to be there.

"What are you...What are you doing in here...!? And how long have you just been...standing there...!?" All you received as an answer was complete and utter silence; his dark eyes glued to your face while you tried to compose yourself. "M-Michael...?"

"I hope I'm not intruding or anything like that, (Y/n)." A voice spoke softly, your head swivelling to the side and seeing a familiar, dark-haired male standing by the door. Hannibal.

"You're not intruding." You wearily replied, raking a hand through your hair as you tried to wake up properly. "Good morning..."

Hannibal politely smiled before responding. "And a good morning to you as well, (Y/n)." He greeted gently, taking a step or two towards you and ignoring Michael completely. "How are you feeling?"

"Is that a trick question...?" Your voice rose slightly; your eyes looking at him with an ounce of annoyance while you swung your legs around to the side of the bed and faced him with false confidence.

"No it was not. But I understand your minor ounce of malice." Hannibal dipped his head as a nod and continued smiling, taking note of how you felt and knowing exactly how to handle this situation. "Last night must've taken its toll on you, what with the difficult decision you made."

"Right..." You muttered, standing up and flipping open your suitcase once more. "Like I had a choice. I was coerced into this."

"My dear, of course you had a choice. You were given two options, were you not?" Hannibal's voice might've sounded innocent - but if there was any traces of innocence in him, you couldn't see it.

"That's not the point and you know it." You picked out clothes before whirling round to face him a second time. "You knew I'd lean towards one option more than the other. You knew I wouldn't be able to let Michael hurt my mother more than he already had. So don't even try to deny it."

"Let's return to that later." Hannibal pleasantly dismissed what you two were disagreeing on - instead deciding to brush your negative attitude to the side for now. "Norman's prepared a bit of breakfast downstairs, if you'd like some."

"Why would I interact with any of you...?" You asked with a hint of hostility, feeling defensive. "After how you guys all behaved last night, why would I want to?"