Six

This chapter is going to be a flashback💙

Two Years Ago

Alex is at the shop, doing a tattoo when Leah walks in and goes to the back with a bag. Ethan looks up from the tattoo he's doing and shakes his head.

Alex finishes up, takes the payment, and cleans up his station as Ethan also finishes what he's doing. Alex leans against the counter.

"I thought I told you, she's not allowed to go in the back when we have customers in the store?" Ethan says as the two customers leave the store.

"I know Ethan. I'll talk to her about it again, ok? I promise." Alex reassured him and heads to the back.

Leah is in the bathroom, doing whatever it is she's doing. Alex starts counting inventory while waiting for her. He hears the door to the bathroom open and he turns around to find a crying Leah.

Alex frowns, "Leah, what's wrong?" She holds something out to him and he takes it. His face goes pale when he sees what it is and what it says.

"H..how... we.. we were always careful. We never had sex without a condom. It never broke. You are on birth control." Alex drops the pregnancy test and looks at her. "We discussed this! I never wanted kids. That's the whole reason you went on birth control and that we still used condoms! Get out. Just go. I'll talk to you when I get off work!"

Leah looks at him in shock, "But babe...." Alex cuts her off.

"I said go! I don't want to see you right now! And stop coming into the shop and coming to the back when we have customers! I won't tell you again! Now go!" Alex storms out the back door to cool off as Leah grabs the test and runs out the front, getting in her car and driving off.

Alex comes back into the shop after a few minutes and goes back to the front and sits at the counter. A walk-in comes in for a piercing. Alex gets the stuff set up, does the piercing, takes the payment then cleans up the station again.

Ethan looks at Alex, "She ran out of here pretty fast. Everything ok?"

Alex shrugs. "Not exactly. I think Leah's been lying to me about being on the pill and now she's pregnant. We have always used condoms. She knew I didn't want kids and I swear if she's trying to trap me into marriage I'm done." Ethan let's out a whistle.

"Damn, man. What are you gonna do?" Alex shrugs again.

"I don't want kids. I never have and she knows that. That was one of the first things I told her before we got together." Ethan shakes his head.

"Is she gonna keep it?" Alex looks at him.

"I don't know. I told her to get out so I could calm down. That's why she left so fast. I told her I'd call her when I was home, but I might not. I need time to process all this." Ethan nods.

"If you want to leave early you can. It's my daughters birthday so I have no more appointments. We can close early today." Alex nods as Ethan starts locking up. Alex counts the drawer and checks everything to make sure it's the right amount. Ethan shuts off the lights as both of them head out the back. Ethan gets in his car and drives off.

Alex gets in his truck and drives home. Once he gets home, he throws his phone on the kitchen counter and looks for something to eat. He eats, does the dishes then gets in the shower. After his shower, he goes back to the kitchen, checking his phone and sees several missed calls from Leah, but he doesn't call back.