Twenty-Three

This chapter will be two separate flashbacks.

Alex's Flashback

Alex is in the bathroom getting dressed, and heard Leah on the phone with her best friend, Katie.

"No, he thinks I was on the pill"
"I can't tell him that, Katie!"
"No! He'll leave me and this baby!"
"He's never gonna find out that I lied about the pill!"
"Yeah, okay. I gotta go. He should be almost ready."

Alex looks in the bathroom mirror, pissed. He finishes getting ready, fixes his hair, and walks out.

 He finishes getting ready, fixes his hair, and walks out

Leah looks up from where she's sitting. "Damn babe. You look hot." She bites her lip, smiling. "Too bad we're running behind or I'd totally suggest a quicky." She giggles, looking at him.

Alex rolls his eyes, grabbing his keys and heads out to the kitchen. Leah frowns, getting up and following him. Alex grabs a water bottle out of the fridge, grabs his wallet and heads out the front door, Leah still following. He grabs the step stool out of the back, placing it in front of the passenger door for her and leans against the truck, waiting.

Leah walks over to the truck, sees the stool, looks at Alex frowning. "You're not gonna help me? You never make me use the step stool." Alex just shrugs, motioning for her to get in the truck. She huffs, then climbs up into the truck. He shuts the door, putting the step stool back and gets in the drivers side and starts driving to the doctors office.

After a short drive, they arrive at the office. Alex gets out, grabs the step stool and then Leah gets out, pissy because of the stool. She goes inside without him and checks in. Alex puts the stool back in the truck, locks it, goes inside and sits. Leah finishes checking in then sits two chairs down from him and goes on her phone.

They sit in the waiting area for about 20 minutes when a nurse comes out and calls Leah's name. They both stand, and the nurse leads them to a room, where Leah sits on the table, and Alex sits in the chair. The nurse asks her several questions, which she answers.

"Now, you say you were on the pill, but I don't see it noted in your medical records?" The nurse asks, looking at Leah.

"Switched doctors. They must not have sent all my records over. I can have them fax it all over again, if needed." Leah responds, lying and hoping Alex wasn't paying attention.

Alex is listening, but doesn't make any comments or movements to give away that he knows she lied to him. The nurse nods and continues asking questions, booting up the sonogram machine.

"So today, we'll be checking the heartbeat, growth, and finding out the gender." The nurse says as she puts on the gloves and gets everything ready. Leah nods excitedly, glancing over at Alex, who's showing no emotion.

The nurse puts the gel on Leah's stomach, moving the wand thing around, as the baby's heartbeat starts sounding. Alex looks at the screen, watching and listening. The nurse points out the head, feet, hands, all ten fingers and ten toes.

"And it looks like...." the nurse moves the wand again, pointing to the screen. "it's a girl!" Leah smiles big, looking over at Alex, who's still not showing any emotion. The nurse prints out pictures and hands them to Leah, along with a towel to wipe off the gel. Leah wipes off the gel, and takes the pictures, sitting up and putting her shirt back down and sighs.

The nurse leaves the room and Leah looks at Alex. "No emotion? At all?" Alex doesn't respond, just stands and exits the room, going out to his truck, getting the step stool ready for Leah. Leah comes out, doesn't say anything and gets in the truck. Alex puts the stool back up and gets in, driving to a food place so they can eat before he takes her back to her parents house.

They arrive, get out, and get a table where they order their drinks and shortly after their meals. Alex looks at Leah, contemplating exactly what to say.

"I know." Is all he says and she looks at him, eyes wide.

"You know what? That this is your baby?" She replies, keeping her cool.

"That you were never on birth control." As he says this, their food arrives and he eats, not giving her a chance to explain. She eats slowly, her mind racing. Once they finish, Alex immediately asks for the check.

"I have a name, and we aren't even going to discuss it. This will be her name. Adelaide Faith Collins. No questions. That is our daughters name." He says as he pays and they get up, going outside to his truck, they get in and he drives her to her parents house where she quickly gets out and goes inside.

Alex drives to the shop, completely pissed off about Leah lying to him. He gets to the shop, goes inside to the back and does inventory while waiting for his appointment.

Amelia's Flashback

Amelia gets dressed, then goes downstairs, and gets something to eat while waiting for Dylan to come over.

She makes a sandwich and eats, while drinking water

She makes a sandwich and eats, while drinking water. Dylan walks through the front door, straight to the kitchen, wrapping his arms around her from behind and kisses the back of her neck softly. She smiles and turns around in his arms and kisses him softly.

"Hello beautiful girlfriend of mine, and baby." He smiles, caressing her cheek. "Come on. I have a beautiful date planned." He takes her hand and leads her out to his car, opening her door. She smiles and gets in the car.

Dylan gets in and starts driving, while Amelia looks out the window, a hand on her stomach. He drives to the mall, where they look at baby clothes, a crib, and some other things. He then takes her to his place, where his parents aren't home. He makes her something to eat, and puts on a movie in the basement.

Dylan slowly starts kissing on her neck, and she tries to push him away. He grabs her wrist, hard, causing her to wince in pain.

"Dylan.. stop.. you're hurting me.." She says, trying to get free. He tightens his grip, adding pressure. She feels the tears in her eyes as his grip gets tighter and tighter. She tries to pull free when he shoves her off the couch, causing her to fall and break her wrist.

Dylan picks her up and rushes her to the hospital, where they x-ray it, wrap it, and prescribe her low grade pain meds because of the baby. On the drive back home, Amelia stays quiet.

"Baby, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean for that to happen.." Dylan keeps saying over and over.

Amelia looks at him, "Yea, you never do. This is too much Dylan. I can't keep doing this. If you don't change, I'm done. You won't be in our baby's life if you don't fucking change." He pulls up to her house and she gets out quickly and goes inside, locking the front door and running up to her room, slamming her door and cries herself to sleep.