Twenty-Five

Alex sits there holding her for a little longer, then stands up, holding her in his arms and takes her out to her room. He sets her on her bed after drying her off, goes over to her dresser and gets her dressed.

Amelia sits there, zoned out while he dries her hair, brushes it, then braids it

Amelia sits there, zoned out while he dries her hair, brushes it, then braids it. He lays her back in bed, bringing the blankets up over her and kisses her forehead.

He starts to leave, and she grabs his hand, sniffling quietly and whispers, "Please don't go.." Alex looks at her. "Please don't leave.. I didn't mean it.. I.. I want you..." She looks up at him with puffy eyes as she sniffles again. "I always want you here.. even if I say otherwise.. Please don't leave me.." She feels the tears fall down her cheeks. 

"Hey.. I'm not going anywhere. No matter how much you tell me to leave, I'll still be here.." He puts the towel on the floor and sits on it beside her bed, still holding her hand.

"I.. I'm sorry.. I'm so, so sorry.. I'm not good enough for you.. or for Addie.. I.. I'm so broken and all I do is hurt people.." She sniffles, letting the tears fall. "I hurt people and.. I don't deserve to be happy.. Dylan's right. I will only have slight happiness with him, because despite everything he's done to me, he also made me happy. He wasn't always a bad guy.. he has a sweet, caring side.. he did love me. He just made bad choices. That's all, bad choices. He can change, he will change.. for me. He has to, if he wants me back, when he gets out." Alex looks at her, with a very sad look on his face, tears forming in his eyes at her words.

"A..amelia.. please don't think that way.. please baby.. I don't want you with him.. I.. Please.. Addie and I want you.. Please.. don't go back to him.. Please don't leave me.." He feels a tear escape as he continues, "Please know how much we care.. That girl out there loves you.. I can see it.. And.. I.. if you go back to him.. you know we can't be friends.. and you won't be able to see Addie.. Please don't break our hearts.. Princess.. I.. please let me show you how you deserve to be treated.. I.. fuck Amelia.. I haven't been like this since I first met Leah.. and I don't do this lightly. I.. I want to be with you in every way possible. You make me feel.. so.. alive.. Like I wait for you to text me or to text me back.. and I get nervous when your name pops up on my phone screen.. I.. Amelia.. please.. I can't.. watch you get hurt again.. I won't.. Please.. I don't want to wake up one day, seeing your picture on the news with the words 'found dead' next to it. I.. Amelia.. I.. haven't felt like this in a really long time.. and god I wish I had known you before.. I.. and I hate to say this, but I wish you were Addie's mom. I wish we had her together, because I see you being an amazing mom. I wish Jake was ours, even though I've never met him. If I wanted kids at all, other than the one I already have, I'd choose you to be their mom. I know this is going to sound crazy, because we just met, but Amelia, I.. I know you said not to fall in love with you.. but.. that might be too late.. I.. Amelia Grace Hart, I'm slowly falling in love with you each passing second." He says, kissing the back of her hand.

Amelia, who's been crying silently this whole time, looks up at him, getting out of bed and straddling his lap on the floor. "Alex.. I.. I don't know what to say.. I.. would never hurt you.. not intentionally.. I.." He stops her by kissing her softly. She kisses back softly as he stands, holding her. He lays her on her bed before pulling away, taking off his shirt and pants & lays with her in bed. Amelia rolls so she's laying on top of him, her chin propped up on her arms and looking up at him. He strokes her hair, then caresses her cheek, taking in every feature on her face, speaking softly as he does.

"Your eyes.. and their beautiful shade of brown, that glisten when the light hits them just right. Your nose, and the way it scrunches when your thinking or figuring something out. Your cheeks and how they flush a soft pink whenever I say something nice about you. Your lips.. you're beautiful, perfect lips.. they are so soft, and full, and.. when your upset or frustrated, the way your bottom lip sticks out slightly more because your worried or pissed. You, have some of the most beautiful features, Amelia. Features any girl would kill for, that all guys love and want their girlfriend to have. Any guy would be lucky to call you his.. Please.. Let me have that chance." He looks at her, admiring her features more, biting his lip very gently. She nods slowly, biting her own lip.

"I.. I can give you that.. but.. I'm still underage.." She sighs softly.

"It's three years baby.. it's not a big difference. Shit, I've seen bigger age differences. Here's what I'll do, sometime this week, when Addie is with Leah, I'm going to take you out on a proper date. Dinner, movie, flowers, chocolates, everything. Show you just how you should be treated. And after, I'll bring you home, walk you to the door, and maybe give you a kiss on the cheek, only because it's technically our first date and I want to do this right. We.. I really want this to work, Amelia. Because you are everything." He kisses her softly. Amelia kisses back softly then rests her head on his chest, closing her eyes, tracing his "Family Is Everything" tattoo. He smiles softly, tracing her tattoo on her shoulder gently.

Movie Room

Addie is sitting on the floor, looking at the screen. Zach is on the couch, on his phone. Addie looks at him, frowning.

"Is my Amy otay?" She asks, looking at him. Zach looks up.

"She will be. Your daddy is gonna try and help her." Zach explains, as Addie gets up and comes over to him.

"Is Amy my new mommy?" She asks, looking at him. Zach's eyes widen.

"I um.. I dunno Addie. Don't you love your mommy?" He asks, not sure what to say. Addie shrugs.

"She otay. Me like Amy more. She pways wif me. My mommy don't." Addie looks down. Zach picks her up and sets her on the couch with him.

"Amy is a pretty special person. You and your daddy make her happy. I see it just with how she is with you. Do.. you want Amy to be your new mommy?" Zach asks cautiously.

"Yes! Duh! Amy awesome!" Addie giggles. Zach chuckles. Addie turns back to the movie and Zach watches her for a moment then looks at the movie screen, thinking about everything.