Twenty-Seven

Amelia stirs slightly, staying asleep and mumbles, "I love you.." Alex looks at her, shocked at first, but realizes she's probably dreaming. He lays beside her, pulling her to him and holds her, kissing her face and neck gently to wake her. She stirs again, rolling over in his arms. Her eyes start to flutter open as she brings a hand up to rub her eyes. He strokes her hair, kissing just below her ear. She smiles sleepily up at him.

"How long was I asleep for? I don't really remember what happened.." She asks as she yawns. He continues stroking her hair, thinking of how to word what happened.

"Um, well.. you got a package.. and didn't want to open it. So I opened it for you.. and handed you the letter that was inside.. and you read it.. and immediately locked yourself in your bedroom.. then your bathroom.. and.. you told me to go away.. and.. that.. I shouldn't fall in love with you.." He looks at her before continuing. "So.. I grabbed Addie and started leaving when Zach stopped me.. and basically yelled at me.. telling me not to leave.. and show you just how much I care about you.. so he took Addie and watched a movie with her while I came back in here to fix this.. I got in the shower with you, fully clothed, and held you.. that's when I saw the razor blade and my heart literally stopped, because the thought of you hurting yourself kills me, baby.. I.. want to be the one who takes your pain away.. who helps you get through everything.. the one person you can always turn to.. because.. and I can't believe I'm saying this right now.. damn Amelia.. I.. am falling for you.. faster than I fell for Leah.. I.. You are perfect for me.. shit your perfect with Addie and you don't even have to try.. I like you, a lot.. and that's hard for me to admit." He kisses her head and continues to hold her.

"W..who was the package from?" She asks, nervously.

"Dylan." He replies, holding her closer. She closes her eyes, biting her lip hard, tears starting to form.

Alex looks at her, lifting her chin, and kisses her softly. Amelia kisses back softly as a lone tear falls down her cheek. He pulls back and wipes it away. She smiles weakly, still biting her lip. He smiles slightly and kisses her forehead. Amelia whispers, almost inaudible.

"I'm sorry I'm dragging you into all this Alex..." He stops her, placing a lone finger over her lips.

"Shh princess. I'm here because I want to be. I want to be here for you. I like you, Amelia. I hope you understand just how much. And I hope you see how much you mean to Addie as well." She smiles weakly. He cups her chin in his hand, looking in her eyes. "You, deserve everything and more, and I'm going to try and give that to you, if you'll let me. Starting with a proper date, where we can put what happened the night of your birthday behind us. I want to start over and do this all properly. So, Amelia Grace, will you go on a date with me Tuesday night?" He looks at her, smiling slightly.

Amelia smiles, looking up at him and nods. "I'd love to Alex.." She leans up and kisses his cheek then lays her head on his chest. He holds her, stroking her hair. She hums softly, a song that's all too familiar to him. He listens as she continues, smiling ever so slightly at her voice.

Addie finishes eating and looks at Zach, who clears her plate from the table and takes it into the kitchen. He comes back and sets her down and she toddles down the hallway. Zach follows after her, as she stands outside Amelia's room. Zach looks at Addie then opens the bedroom door. Addie runs inside to the bed lifting her arms up.

"Up daddy! Up!" she says as Zach walks into the room and lifts Addie onto the bed. She climbs over Alex and lays next to Amelia. "My Amy!" She looks at her dad and grins. Zach chuckles to himself and leaves the room, shutting the door, going back to his room. Addie lays there, slowly falling asleep, as Amelia continues humming softly. Alex plays with Amelia's hair, taking in the sight of both girls next him and smiles to himself. Amelia looks up at him, biting her lip.

"I had a dream... and it makes me want to cry.. because I don't think it's something that will ever happen.." She looks back down.

"Tell me about it.. please?" He continues playing with her hair, smiling softly.

"Um I'm not sure how far into the future it was.. but um.. we were married.. and both Jake and Addie lived with us.. Leah was.. being Leah.. you were shirtless.. and very protective.. I.. we.. were happy.. like really happy.." She looks up at him, biting her lip. He brings his thumb up to her lips and gently releases her bottom lip.

"We were married?" He asks, caressing her cheek softly. She nods, looking up at him. He smiles softly, thinking. "Is.. marriage something you want...?"

"I.. haven't thought about it.. but I was happy.. being with you.. and Addie and Jake.. I.. was truly happy.. I deserve to be happy." She looks back down, biting her lip. Alex moves his hand over and plays with her hair.

"Thats all I want, is to see you happy.. God you deserve all the happiness in the world Amelia. Please believe that, baby.." He kisses the top of her head and continues to hold her. Amelia starts humming again and Alex listens quietly. She traces circles on his chest and continues humming. He unbraids her hair and runs his hand through it, smiling softly. She looks up and kisses him softly.

Alex kisses back, pulling her on top of him, resting his hands on her waist. Amelia smiles and continues kissing him, running a hand through his hair. He smiles and deepens the kiss, sliding a hand down, resting it on her ass and squeezes slightly. She smiles and deepens the kiss more. Alex pulls back slightly, resting his forehead against hers and smiles. Amelia bites her lip softly, opening her eyes slowly, a small smile forming on her lips. They lay like that for quite some time, just looking at each other. Addie wakes up, and looks between them, smiling.