Nine

Alex smiles at her, "So, if you would like, and since you've met Addie.. that being the reason weekends don't normally work for me, how would you like to come over to my apartment tonight, with me and Addie and maybe I can start teaching you how to cook?"

"That.. sounds like fun. I'll text Zach and let him know I have a way home, too. That way he's not waiting for me." Amelia says with a smile as they hear little footsteps coming from the back. Alex looks up and smiles.

"Daddy!" Addie says, smiling as she runs to him. Alex smiles and catches her.

"Hey baby. Have a nice nap?" he asks, kissing her forehead. Addie nods, laying her head on his shoulder, hiding from Amelia. "Addie, can you say hi?"

"Hi... I Addie." She says softly, still hiding. Amelia smiles softly.

"Hi Addie. I'm Amelia, but you can call me Amy..." Addie smiles and lifts her head.

"Amy." She says, smiling. Amelia nods. Addie wiggles to get down and Alex puts her down. She walks over to Amelia and lifts her arms. Amelia looks at Alex and he nods. Amelia picks Addie up, setting her on her lap.

"Well hi there." Amelia smiles. Addie touches her cheek.

"pwetty." She says, smiling. Amelia smiles at her.

"Aww. Thanks. You're pretty too." Addie giggles and claps her hands then pokes Amelia's cheek again. Addie then looks at Alex.

"Hungy daddy." She looks back at Amelia, who then looks at Alex.

"Okay baby. Let me get stuff put up and I'll close early." Alex says, standing up and looks at Amelia. "I'll be right back. Don't forget to text Zach." Amelia nods, taking out her phone, still holding Addie and texts Zach.

Am: Hey, I have a ride home. Don't wait for me🙈

Z: Okay. Don't be home too late. Your birthdays tomorrow.

Am: I know. You don't need to remind me 😝 Just don't wait up for me, ok?

Z: got it. just be careful.

Amelia rolls her eyes and puts her phone back in her pocket. Alex finishes up and grabs Addie's bag from the back and comes back to the front, setting it on the counter. Amelia stands, still holding Addie, who lays her head on Amelia's shoulder. Alex locks the front door and puts the closed sign up, hitting the lights and looks over at Amelia and Addie and smiles softly.

"Come on. Out the back, and I can take her if you want..?" Alex says as he grabs Addie's bag. Addie holds onto Amelia.

"No daddy." Amelia looks at Alex.

"It's ok." She smiles softly, holding Addie. Alex smiles and heads towards the back. Amelia follows and goes out the back door as he holds it open for her. Alex locks the back door, resting his hand on her back and leads her to his truck.

 Alex locks the back door, resting his hand on her back and leads her to his truck

Once they get to his truck, Alex takes Addie and puts her in her seat. He then turns and looks at Amelia, closing Addie's door.

"You are good with kids. Addie usually doesn't act like that with new people. So it really surprised me that she attached to you..." Amelia smiles softly.

"It was really no problem.. She's adorable, and she looks like you. Now, how the hell do you expect me to get in your truck? I'm super short." Amelia giggles, biting her lip very softly.

"Trust me..?" Alex asks with a chuckle. Amelia nods, still biting her lip. Alex opens the passenger door, pulls her over to him and spins her around. "I'm going to pick you up, ok?"

"That's fine..." She says, smiling to herself as he rests his hands on her waist and lifts her up into the truck, setting her on the seat.

"And all set." He smiles, closes her door then goes around and gets in the drivers side and starts driving to his apartment. Amelia looks out the window, biting her lip. Alex glances at her and continues driving, turning on the radio.

Amelia continues looking out the window, singing along very quietly to the radio. Alex pulls up outside the apartment, gets out, and goes over to the passenger side. Amelia opens the door, sliding to the edge of the seat and Alex helps her out. He then gets Addie out and she reaches for Amelia. He looks at Amelia and Amelia nods as he hands her Addie. Addie rests her head on Amelia's shoulder as Alex grabs Addie's bag and heads to the apartment door. Amelia follows him, holding Addie.

Alex opens the apartment door and holds it open for Amelia as she walks inside

Alex opens the apartment door and holds it open for Amelia as she walks inside. Alex follows, turning on the light and goes into the living room, setting Addie's bag down. Amelia follows and Addie wiggles to get down. Amelia puts her down and she goes over to her toys. Alex walks into the kitchen, motioning for Amelia to follow him, which she does.