Twelve

**This chapter is going to start off as a dream Amelia has.
_____________________________________

Amelia is laying on her bed, bedroom door open, listening to music and writing. Her brother, Ben is in the shower after playing football and his friend Dylan is over.

Amelia closes her notebook, putting her pen down and gets up, going downstairs and runs into Dylan. "S..sorry." she says as she looks up. He smiles at her.

"It's my fault. Wasn't paying attention. Ben still in the dang shower?" She nods, biting her lip. "You do that a lot."

"It's.. a habit.." she bites her lip again. He brings his hand up and releases her lip. She blushes slightly, looking at him. He traces his finger across her bottom lip.

"Your brother would kill me for this." She giggles quietly and he smiles.

"He.. doesn't control you. Or me, for that matter. He's still in the shower. You know how long he takes." He chuckles, still tracing her bottom lip. She holds her breath, looking at him. He smiles, tracing his finger along her jawline before resting his hand on her neck.

"I'm going to kiss you." She continues to hold her breath as he leans in and kisses her very softly before pulling away, dropping his hand and walking away to Bens room.
_____________________________________

Alex and Amelia are still fast asleep on the couch as Addie wakes up and walks out of her room. She toddles out to the living room, holding her stuffed bear.

"Daddy? Daddy! Daddy!" She says, poking his face, accidentally poking Amelia once. Amelia stirs slightly but stays asleep, mumbling quietly. Alex slowly wakes up, his arms wrapped around Amelia, her face now buried in his neck.

"Hey baby." He looks at Addie and smiles.

"hungyyyyy." She giggles. He chuckles quietly.

"Okay. I'll get you food in a second, ok?" She nods, turning to the TV as he puts on a movie for her, one arm still around Amelia. He turns his head and looks at her, kissing her forehead discreetly and plays with her hair. She stirs again, eyes fluttering open, smiling slightly before looking at him.

"Oh crap." She says as she brings a hand to her face. "I'm so dead. So, so dead." Addie turns around and smiles at her.

"Amy! Hi!" Amelia smiles at her.

"Hi Addie. Did you sleep good?" Addie giggles and climbs up on the couch with Alex's help. She lays down next to Amelia on top of Alex.

"Yes." She says as she touches Amelia's face. "did oo?"

"Actually, I did..." She says, smiling slightly. Alex smiles softly, still playing with her hair. Addie looks at Alex.

"Hungy daddy." She says, giggling.

"I know Addie. What do you want?" He replies, rubbing Addie's back with his other hand.

"Ummm. Eggies. Pease." She smiles at him, getting down and watching her movie. He looks at Amelia.

"Stay for breakfast? Then I'll take you home.. I promise and mean it this time." She giggles quietly.

"I can do that... um, do you have a phone charger? My phone died last night.. and I probably have a bunch of messages from Zach.." Alex nods, sitting up, keeping her in his arms.

"I'm sorry for falling asleep. I didn't mean to.. I did plan on taking you home last night. Promise." She smiles, biting her lip softly.

"It's ok, really. Charger and um.. bathroom." He chuckles, sliding her onto the couch and stands, stretching. She stands and stretches then he leads her back to his room, stopping and grabbing her clothes from the dryer. He opens the door for her and points to the bathroom.

"Bathroom is there, Ill plug your phone in

"Bathroom is there, Ill plug your phone in." He holds out his hand for her phone and she hands it to him then goes into the bathroom, closing the door all the way. Alex plugs in her phone then changes into this and sits on his bed.

Amelia goes over to the sink and washes the makeup from yesterday off her face then looks in the mirror

Amelia goes over to the sink and washes the makeup from yesterday off her face then looks in the mirror. She dries her face off then takes off the shirt and sweat pants, putting her clothes back on. Alex hears something from the nightstand and sees Amelia's phone constantly going off, as she walks out of the bathroom. He looks up and smiles at her softly.

"Um, your phone is going crazy.." He says as she walks over and sits beside him.

"It can wait. Let it charge for a minute.. I wanted to talk.. about last night.." She says, biting her lip softly.

"Which part..?" He asks cautiously.

"You.. and me.. and the kiss..." She looks up at him.

"I.. sorry.. I shouldn't have.." She stops him, resting a hand on his arm.

"Don't.. please do not try and take it back. It was nice." He smiles slightly, looking at her hand on his arm. "But, I'm only 16... well, technically 17 now.. and I don't even know how old you are.. and I don't want to get you in trouble.."

"Wait, when was your birthday? Mine was actually last week and I'm 20..." He takes her hand in his, drawing circles on her palm.

"Um, it's uh.. today actually... so there's three years and one week between us.." He nods, still drawing circles. She smiles up at him softly. "You know, I won't complain if you kiss me again.. and I won't tell anyone.."

"Wait, your birthday is today? As in right now?" She nods, biting her lip. "Well, happy birthday." He smiles, leaning down, and kisses her cheek. She blushes slightly.

"Not what I meant by kiss..." He stops her from speaking by kissing her softly. She smiles and kisses back, when they hear a little voice.

"Daddy! Amy!" Alex pulls away and sees Addie standing in the doorway. "Ewwwwww!" She giggles and runs into the room. Amelia feels her face turning red, letting go of Alex's hand. He picks up Addie and sits her on his lap as Amelia's phone starts ringing.