Thirty-Eight

Alex wakes up suddenly from his dream, laying in bed and looking at Amelia and Addie. He moves Amelia's hair out of her face, kissing her forehead softly. He smiles to himself, remembering the dream.

I can't even imagine how I would actually feel if she did end up pregnant. I know neither of us wants kids, but maybe we just had our first kid with the wrong person? Maybe things would have been different back then if we had a baby together. Stop it, Alex. You didn't even know her back then. She was only 15 and you were 18. She didn't deserve what happened to her then, but if only..

Alex smiles, as Amelia stirs in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open. She gives him a sleepy smile and looks at Addie, letting a quiet giggle escape. She sits up, getting out of bed quietly and goes into his bathroom. Alex gets out of bed slowly and follows her, closing the bathroom door behind him. Amelia leans against the counter, looking at him. He walks over, lifting her up and sets her on the counter, resting his hand on her neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." He says, then kisses her forehead. Amelia smiles, biting her lip.

"Morning. What time is it, anyways?" Amelia asks, yawning.

"Like, 6? I think. I'm not sure. I didn't look at the clock. What time do you need to be at school?" He replies, running his hand through her hair.

"Uh.. 8.. But I don't wanna go.. I kinda just wanna stay here with you and Addie.." She replies, kissing his cheek softly. Alex smiles, resting his hand on her neck.

"You have to, baby.. Please, at least try, for me. If you can't be there, just call me.. or text me.. I'll come get you. I promise you, I'm always here." He replies, kissing her softly. Amelia kisses back, wrapping her arms around his neck. Alex lifts her off the counter, wrapping her legs around his waist. Amelia giggles, running her hand through his hair, looking in his eyes.

"I don't wanna.. I wanna stay here with you.. Plus I don't have any clothes here. Please.." Amelia responds, biting her lip softly. Alex sighs, caressing her cheek softly.

"Okay baby.. but you need to let Zach know you're okay. And that can wait until after we shower." Alex says, reaching into the shower and turning it on. He sets her down, pulling the shirt up over her head, admiring her as he does.

Amelia folds her arms over her stomach, looking at the floor. Alex takes off his sweatpants and boxers, looking at her. Amelia unfolds her arms as she looks up at him, biting her lip. He steps closer to her, unhooking her bra and sliding it off of her, watching her face as he does. She looks in his eyes, still biting her lip. Alex bends down, slowly pulling her underwear off, kissing her stomach as he does. Amelia closes her eyes, holding her breath.

Alex kisses up her stomach and chest, then kisses her neck and over to her lips, biting her bottom lip gently. Amelia moans softly, biting his lip back as he picks her up and steps into the shower. Amelia wraps her legs around his waist, and her arms around his neck, kissing him passionately. Alex presses her against the shower wall, kissing her intimately, resting a hand on her waist and the other on the back of her thigh.

Amelia deepens the kiss, tangling a hand in his hair and tugging gently. Alex lets out a low moan, pressing his body against hers, as he continues kissing her. Amelia continues kissing him, tugging on his hair more. Alex moans slightly louder, kissing over to her neck, biting gently. Amelia moans softly, closing her eyes. Alex continues kissing on her neck, sucking softly.

"A.. Alex.." She moans, opening her eyes to look at him. He pulls back and looks in her eyes, caressing her cheek softly.

"You're the most beautiful when you're vulnerable like this, baby.. I love this side of you." Alex speaks softly, still caressing her cheek. Amelia's cheeks turn pink and she bites her lip at the word "love". Alex smiles, then kisses her nose. Amelia scrunches her nose and giggles softly, resting her head against the shower wall.

"Can.. we not just throw the word love around?" Amelia asks quietly, biting her lip.

"Sorry.." He says, kissing her nose again and sets her down under the water. Amelia giggles, trailing a hand down his chest. Alex smiles and washes her hair and body then washes his hair and body, shutting off the shower. He steps out, grabbing towels, wrapping one around her and then wrapping her hair in another. He then wraps a towel around his waist, and sets Amelia up on the counter.

Alex leaves the bathroom, grabbing him some clothes, as well as a t-shirt and shorts for Amelia. He walks back into the bathroom, closing the door. He sets the clothes on the counter, helping her down. He dries her body off, handing her the shorts. She puts them on, having to roll them so they fit. He then dries his body off and puts on his boxers and sweatpants.

Alex looks at her and smiles, as she dries her hair and braids it in a single braid. Alex slips the shirt over her head and Amelia puts her arms in the sleeves. She looks up at him with a goofy grin. He chuckles, picking her up and setting her on the counter, standing between her legs.

"Addie will be asleep for a while.. if you wanna watch a movie or something.." Alex says, lacing their fingers together. Amelia smiles, biting her lip.

"I'm down for a movie.. maybe some food.. or something.. I dunno." Amelia giggles, unlacing their fingers and runs a hand through his hair. "I will never get tired of doing that." Alex chuckles and caresses her cheek with his free hand.

"Feel free to do that whenever you want. I don't mind. It's kinda nice.." Alex smiles, biting his lip gently. Amelia leans in and kisses him softly. He kisses back softly, then looks in her eyes.

"What movie should we watch?" She asks, running her hand through his hair again.

"Any movie you want, baby. You pick a movie and I'll make breakfast. Deal?" Alex replies.

"Sounds good to me." Amelia smiles, running her hand through his hair one last time as he helps her off the counter. He leads her out of his bedroom, leaving the door cracked for Addie when she wakes up. He leads her to the living room then heads into the kitchen.

Amelia turns on the tv and sits on the couch, pulling a blanket around her and looks for a movie on Netflix. Alex gets in the fridge and starts cooking breakfast for him and Amelia. Amelia finds a movie and goes into the kitchen, leaning against the counter.

"Found a movie. Dunno if it'll be any good but it's worth a shot. Oooh it smells good. Whatcha making?" She giggles, wrapping her arms around him from behind. Alex wraps an arm around her, pulling her to his side.

"Sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast burritos." He replies, shutting off the stove and looking at her. Amelia smiles, biting her lip as Alex grabs two plates and the tortillas and makes them both a plate, handing her one and then goes into the living room. Amelia follows, as they sit on the couch and Alex presses play on the movie.

They both eat and watch the movie. Once they finish eating, Alex pauses the movie and takes the plates into the kitchen. He comes back, sitting on the couch and pulls Amelia into his lap, covering her with the blanket and presses play.

Amelia rests her head on his shoulder and traces his tattoos slowly. Alex smiles, kissing her forehead softly, slowly slipping his hand under the back of the shirt, tracing the tattoo on her shoulder gently. She smiles, looking at him and kisses him softly. Alex kisses back softly, bringing his other hand to her neck.