Thirty

Alex arrives at Leah's, gets Addie and her bag out, and goes up to the door, leaving his phone in the truck. He knocks and waits. The door opens, some guys standing behind it.

"Can I help you?" he asks, looking at Alex.

"Is Leah here?" Alex asks sharply.

"She's asleep. What do you want?" The guys asks.

"Dropping off our daughter. She knows it's her day. Go wake her." Alex remarks, still holding Addie. The guy leaves the door open and walks to the bedroom.

"LEAH! DOOR!" He then walks into the bathroom. Addie looks at Alex.

"Daddy elp.." Addie looks at him sadly.

"Oh baby.. I can't.. You have to stay with mommy until Wednesday.." He says as he kisses the side of her head. Leah comes to the door, taking Addie from his arms.

"You can go now. She's fine. Quit babying her." Leah slams the door in his face. Alex sighs, worried and gets back in his truck. He doesn't check his phone and drives to the shop.

Amelia puts her phone down and starts driving, not sure where she's going. She ends up driving to a trail she used to walk, gets out and starts walking with her phone in her pocket.

Alex arrives at the shop and finally checks his phone. He sees the text and missed call from Amelia and immediately calls her back.

Amelia answers, voice slightly hoarse. "Hey.."

Al: Baby what's wrong?

Am: Nothing.. um.. are you at the shop..?

Al: Yeah, just cleaning up for tomorrow. Are you ok?

Am: Can I come see you.. please?

He hears her voice tremble, and immediately inhales a deep breath.

Al: Always baby.. Always. I'll be here. Come to the back door and knock.

Am: I'll see you soon.

Amelia hangs up and walks back to her jeep and drives to the shop. She pulls up out front, gets out and goes to the back door, knocking. Alex opens the door and pulls her into a hug. Amelia immediately starts crying into his shirt.

Alex takes her into the back room and lifts her up onto the counter, resting a hand on her waist, lifting her chin with his other hand.

"Baby.. what happened?" He asks, caressing her cheek softly.

"I.. I fucked up.. I.. went to see D..dylan.. I.. I thought maybe it would help.. and I..." He stops her, bringing his thumb to her lips.

"Did he hurt you?" Alex asks, rubbing his thumb over her bottom lip. Amelia shakes her head, looking up at him, revealing her neck. Alex looks at her neck, touched the red marks gently. "Baby.. what the hell happened?" Amelia starts crying, bringing her hands to her face. Alex wraps his arms around her, holding her to his chest. "Shhh baby. Shhh. I got you. You're safe."

"Alex.. I know you want to do this right.. So do I.. but.. I need you to touch me in ways to make this go away.. This memory of him hurting me.." She sniffles quietly. 

"Not here baby.. Not at the shop.. We can go to my apartment.. You can put on one of my t-shirt's and we can cuddle on the couch.. or in bed.. maybe.. we can do some stuff.. but not all the way.. I want to give you that at a later time.. When we're actually together." he strokes her cheek gently. "Stay here, let me finish cleaning the shop, and we can go, ok?" Amelia nods, wiping her eyes. Alex walks back out to the front and cleans the floors and counters.