Forty Two

Alex parks in front of Amelia's and looks at Addie in the backseat. He smiles to himself, then gets out and gets Addie's along with their bags. He walks up to the door and knocks softly. Sarah answers the door and ushers them inside, closing the door behind them. Addie looks around and frowns.

"Where my Amy?" She asks, looking at Alex. Alex chuckles and looks at Sarah.

"She's in her room, Addie. She'll be right out." Sarah responds, kindly.

"Otay." Addie says, resting her head on Alex's shoulder.

Alex nods at Sarah and walks towards Amelia's room and knocks on her door softly before opening it. Amelia looks up from where she's sitting on her bed, giving him a small smile.

Alex sets Addie down and walks over, sitting beside Amelia after putting the bags down near the door. Amelia rests her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. Alex wraps he's arm around her back, pulling her closer.

"It's gonna be okay, baby.." Alex whispers in her ear, then kisses her head. Amelia smiles weakly and sighs softly. Addie walks over, lifting her arms in the air. Amelia picks her up and sets her on her lap.

"My Amy." Addie says with a giggle. Amelia smiles a little more.

"If you say so, Addie." Amelia says, looking up at Alex. At that moment, Zach walks in with Jake, who instantly makes grabby hands for Amelia. Amelia passes Addie to Alex and gets up, taking Jake from Zach.

"My ommy.." Jake says sleepily, resting his head on Amelia's shoulder.

"No! She my Amy!" Addie says, pouting. Amelia and Alex share a look.

"Addie, baby, you're gonna have to share Amy." Alex says softly, brushing Addie's hair from her face.

"Don't want to!" Addie remarks, crossing her arms.

"Addie. Yes, you have to." Alex says firmly.

"No! She mine!" Addie whines.

"Adelaide. No." Alex warns, giving Addie a look.

"Daddyyyyy. Amy mine!" Addie says, sticking out her bottom lip.

"No! Ine!" Jake says, lifting his head and holds onto Amelia tighter.

"No! Mine!" Addie says back, sticking out her tongue.

"Addie. Can we stop, please? I wanna explain this to you, both of you. Please?" Amelia asks, looking between Addie and Jake.

"Otay ommy." Jake says, laying his head back down. Amelia sighs and sits back down beside Alex. Addie looks at her, still pouting.

"Addie, this.. is Jake. He's.. my son. And.. He's going to be living with me.. And I would really like it if you guys could get along.." Amelia says softly.

"But.. oo my Amy.." Addie says sadly. Amelia sighs.

"Addie.. I'm still gonna be your Amy.. but I'm also Jakes mommy.." She replies softly.

"So we sare?" Addie asks.

"Yes. You guys share.." Amelia says with a smile.

"Ok." Addie says and looks at Jake.

"Otay ommy." Jake says, closing his eyes. Amelia gives Alex a soft smile. He kisses her forehead softly and smiles.

"Now... who wants pizza and a movie?" Amelia asks with a smile.

"Me!!" Addie exclaims.

"Yessss!" Jake says, clapping his hands.

Alex chuckles and stands, still holding Addie. Amelia stands as well, still holding Jake. Alex grabs the bag from the store, and follows Amelia to the kitchen, where she grabs two boxes of pizza and plates. They head to the movie room, where Amelia puts Jake down and sets the pizza boxes on the bar.

Alex sets Addie down and turns on the screen, putting on Finding Dory. He walks over to where Amelia is, wrapping his arms around her from behind, kissing the top of her head gently.

"That.. could have been better, but it could have been worse." Alex whispers in her ear, kissing the spot just behind it. Amelia closes her eyes and smiles, leaning back against him.

"Yeah.. I agree." Amelia says softly, spinning around in his arms. She looks up at him and smiles softly.

"Hey baby." He says with a smile, moving her hair from her face. Amelia smiles softly, biting her lip.

"Hi.." She says softly, batting her eyelashes. Alex chuckles, leaning down and kisses her softly. Amelia kisses back softly, resting her hands in his chest.

Alex goes to deepen the kiss, when his phone makes a noise. He groans and pulls back slightly, pulling the phone out of his pocket. He hits ignore and throws it on the counter, resting his forehead against Amelia's.

"Sorry.. It was Leah.." Alex speaks lowly. Amelia bites her lip gently.

"It's ok.. If you need to answer, you can.." Amelia whispers.

"No, she can wait.. I'm here with you.. and Addie and Jake.." Alex whispers back. Amelia starts to speak, when his phone goes off again. Alex sighs, picking up his phone and hits ignore again.

"Alex.. Just answer it.." Amelia whispers, fidgeting with her hands.

"No.. I want to spend time with you and the kids." Alex says.

"You know she's not gonna stop calling.." Amelia says, still fidgeting.

Alex sighs, setting his phone back down and lifts Amelia up and sets her on the counter. He takes her legs, wrapping them around him, and rests his hands on her waist. She wraps her arms around his neck, biting her lip gently.

"You.. have no idea what you do to me, do you?" He asks, bringing a hand to her cheek, caressing it softly. Amelia shakes her head slightly, still biting her lip.

Alex chuckles, still caressing her cheek. He leans in and kisses her softly, but passionately. Amelia kisses back, deepening the kiss as she does. Alex tightens his grip slightly on her waist, deepening the kiss more. Amelia smiles into the kiss, biting his lip playfully. Alex smiles, as he bites her lip back gently. Amelia pulls back slightly, as Alex's phone rings again.

"If you don't answer, I will." Amelia states, letting her arms fall into her lap. Alex sighs, going to hit ignore again. Amelia takes his phone and answers.

"About damn time, babe. Jesus." Leah says.

"Sorry, this isn't Alex. You need to stop calling, Leah. You're not a good mom. If you were, Addie never would have gotten hurt." Amelia says bluntly.

"Excuse me, bitch. Why the fuck are you answering his phone?" Leah snaps.

"Stop fucking calling, Leah. Alex isn't yours, and you lost your chance to be Addie's mom. You're just a selfish bitch who's never once cared about anything other than herself." Amelia retorts, hanging up the phone and turning it on silent. She looks at Alex, biting her lip.

"D.. Damn.." Alex says softly, looking at her lovingly.

"S.. Sorry.. I just.. She's.." Amelia starts, then Alex brings a finger to her lips.

"It's ok.. Thank you for that." Alex says with a small smile.

Amelia smiles, pulling him in and kisses him softly. Alex kisses back softly, gripping her waist slightly. Amelia pulls back and gives him and innocent looking smile.

"Ommy? Me ungy.." Jake comes over, saying in a small voice. Amelia looks over at him and smiles.

"Ok honey. I'll get you some food." Amelia says softly, pushing Alex away.

She slides off the counter, getting a plate and puts a slice of pizza on it for Jake and cuts it up. Alex makes a plate for Addie, doing the same. He takes both plates over to the table and sets them down in front of the kids. Jake and Addie sit on the floor and eat silently.

Amelia walks over and sits on the couch. Alex sits beside her, pulling her into his lap. They put on the movie Space Jam while the kids eat.