Forty Eight

Three Weeks Later

Amelia gets the kids dressed and takes them next door to Barbara's for the afternoon. Once she drops them off, she gets in her jeep and drives to the tattoo shop, where she's meeting her mom. She parks in the back, using the back entrance and puts her purse down in the back room. She walks out to the main area, where Alex is finishing up a tattoo. She sits on one of the stools behind the counter as the customer leaves. Alex puts the money in the register then looks at her and smiles.

"You look beautiful today, baby." Alex says with a smile as he sits on a stool beside her.

"Thanks babe. I feel.. better. Like a whole lot better. I just want to say  thank you, for helping me find a therapist and letting me open up to someone other than you. Most of all, thank you for stepping up and helping me with Jake while I try to navigate through all of this pain that's been brought back to the surface. And thank you, for always loving me." Amelia replies, giving him a smile.

"Anything for you baby. You know that, since day one all I've wanted to do was help you. You are amazing and you have an amazing story to tell one day. And you don't have to thank me for all of this baby. I do it because I love you, and I want to help. Taking care of Jake has been no problem, especially since you help me take care of Addie. Which, speaking of Addie, the custody hearing is coming up soon for Leah to get every other weekend." Alex replies, letting out a small sigh.

"Yeah.. I know. I'll be there, if you want me to be. Also, my mom should be here shortly to fill out the forms so we can do the tattoo." Amelia says softly, standing and walking over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Kids go to Barbs okay?" Alex asks as he rests his hands on her waist. Amelia nods and kisses him softly. Alex smiles and kisses her back softly, pulling away just as the bell above the door rings. They both look over and see Sarah walk in. Alex drops his hands from he waist and Amelia removes her arms from around his neck. Alex grabs the forms and hands them to Sarah, who fills them out. Amelia lays on the table, her arm extended.

Alex grabs the colors needed, gets the tattoo gun ready and puts the stencil on her arm after prepping the area. He starts tattooing just as Sarah finishes the paperwork. She takes out her book, sitting in one of the chairs and reads. Alex and Amelia make small talk and flirt slightly while he's doing the tattoo.  He finishes the tattoo, cleans the area up and gives her a smile once he puts the tattoo gun down. Amelia looks at the tattoo and smiles then looks at Alex.

Sarah puts her book away, and looks at Amelia's new tattoo and smiles

Sarah puts her book away, and looks at Amelia's new tattoo and smiles. She waves to both of them then leaves the shop and goes home. Amelia looks at Alex, as he wraps the tattoo then sits on the stool, pulling her to him. She wraps her arms back around his neck as he rests his hands on her waist. He leans in and kisses her softly and she kisses back. He lets go and cleans the station up, while Amelia sits down and takes a picture of her new tattoo and sends it to Zach. She also texts Blayke a picture.