Forty Four

Three Weeks Later

Dylan's Trial - Day 1

Amelia wakes up, rubbing her eyes and rolls over. She had been staying at Alex's every other night in order to actually sleep. She lays her head on his chest, tracing his Family Is Everything tattoo softly. Alex stirs slightly, tightening his grip on her slightly as he opens his eyes. Amelia kisses his chest softly and props her chin up on his chest, giving him a small smile.

"Good morning beautiful." Alex says, smiling sleepily.

"Morning, but its not a good one.." Amelia says softly.

"I know baby, but I'll be there if you want me to be." Alex speaks quietly, playing with the ends of her hair.

"I don't think today is going to be anything important.. Just opening statements and stuff.. All that boring stuff.." Amelia says, fidgeting with her hands.

"I know, I just want you to know I'll be there when you want me there." Alex replies, kissing her head.

"I know. I'm not sure exactly what day they'll have me testify until about two days before. Depends on how everything else goes, I guess. I really don't want to have to do all this bullshit.." Amelia says with a sigh.

"I know baby, I know. I hate that you have to relive all this stuff. In front of all those people.." Alex remarks quietly.

"I'll be okay, I promise." Amelia reassures him, kissing his cheek softly. Alex smiles and turns her head, kissing her softly. Amelia kisses back and sits up in bed.

"I know you will be baby. You're one of the strongest people I know." Alex says, wrapping his arms around her from behind after sitting up. Amelia leans back against him, with a soft smile on her face.

"Thank you, for letting me stay here every other night. It's helped, a lot, during all of this. I really don't know what I would do if I couldn't get some sleep." Amelia states, closing her eyes. Alex kisses the back of her neck and hugs her.

"Of course, baby. Anything to help." Alex whispers behind her ear. Amelia giggles quietly and closes her eyes.

"I love this.." Amelia whispers, opening her eyes.

"Me too.. Come on.. We gotta get you dressed and to the courthouse.." Alex says, kissing the back of her head.

"Yeah, I know.." Amelia says as she gets out of bed and stretches, causing the t-shirt she's wearing to rise slightly.

Alex sits up a little more, leaning against the headboard and watches her with a loving look in his eyes. Amelia walks over to the closet, where she hung up her dress last night. Amelia lifts the t-shirt off, tossing it on the floor next to her. Alex bites his lip gently as he watches her. Amelia gets dressed, then walks into the bathroom and brushes her hair. She walks back out and looks at him with a small smile on her face. Alex gets out of bed, sliding on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. He walks into the bathroom and fixes his hair then walks back out.

They walk into the kitchen, where Amelia leans against the counter and watches Alex cook them up something quick. They eat quickly then go out and get in the truck. Alex puts on her favorite song, and drives to the courthouse. Amelia looks out the window, fidgeting nervously with her hands. Alex rests his hand on her leg, caressing it softly.

"Alex.. can.. can you be there today? I know its a late notice, but I don't want to be there by myself.." Amelia whispers, looking at him nervously.

"Of course baby. I told you, Ethan is back for a few months and I gave him a rundown of what's going on and he's happy to help out during this whole trial." Alex says, giving her a small smile.