slav has astraphobia

oof. i need help. this doesn't relate to any of my other oneshots. i just feel like doing rusame today. ALSO I couldn't find any black & white lighting bolt emojis. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"What are you afraid of, Russia?"

"None of your business," the country scoffed. He and America were walking back to the apartment they had to share. The only reason they lived together was because of their parents, actually. USSR and England were on bad terms, so all of the other countries decided to make their 'favorite' sons live together. The two countries still fought, but at least they didn't try to kill each other every second.

"I'll find out," America said, a smile playing on his lips. Russia frowned to himself. The two reached the stairs to the building and walked up to the apartment. Russia unlocked the door and opened it. He and America walked inside.

⚡⚡⚡

America invited his girlfriend, Japan over to watch a movie. She brought Philipines, another girl, but the three still enjoyed the movie. Just as the credits began playing, America heard it.

A low rumble. Then a flash of white.

"Nooooo," Japan groaned. Philip laughed and grabbed her friend's arm.

"We gotta go, Joe. See ya later!" Philip called to America.

"Bye, Jap," he called to Japan. She waved as Philip dragged her out of the apartment. I should go to sleep, America thought. He stood up and walked to his room. As he passed Russia's bedroom, he leaned into the door to hear what was happening inside. America was surprised at what he heard.

Sobbing.

America reached for the doorknob, hesitating before opening it. He saw Russia's normal setup, a desk, a shelf, vodka bottles everywhere, and a pile of old books. The only thing off was the usually clean bed. The blankets were in the farthest corner from the window and shook slightly. America could hear sobs from the blanket.

"Rus?"

"A-Ame?" America's heart hurt as he heard the small, broken voice from under the covers. It sounded so unlike Russia, who usually had an emotionless sounding voice.

"Russia, are you ok?" America asked, sitting down on the bed and resting his hand on the covers.

His hand was smacked away. "I'm fine. Leave me alone," Russia said coldly, glaring at America. He was still partially hidden by the covers.

"You didn't sound fine."

"America, for the last time, I'm FINE!" Russia yelled.

A loud crack sounded from outside, followed by a bright burst of light. It was brighter and louder than before. Russia shrieked and grabbed America's chest, crying into his neck. America hesitated before pulling Russia closer to his body. He let the russian cry and whimper, patting him on the back and whispering comforting phrases all the while.

After a few hours, Russia calmed down and began breathing softly. America began blushing at the hot air on his neck.

"Are you ok?" America asked again.

"I guess," Russia said quietly, still holding the other country tightly. "Can you... sleep with me?"

"WAIT WHA-"

"Not like that, Ame," Russia said, laughing at America's flushed face. "Just stay with me, ok?"

"Sure," America said, pulling the country down to rest on the bed. He wrapped his arms around the taller country's waist. They laid there for a few minutes before Russia spoke up.