lemon boy

"Do you need any help, sir?" Philipines asked, startling the country who was browsing the flowers.

"Oh! Uh, yes," Israel said, turning around to face the smiling country. "Do you have any... uh... I'm sorry I don't know the name. It has little white flowers... looks like a poisonous plant."

"Anise?" Philipines said, moving to grab a cluster of the flowers. "Oh, it could also be Queen Anne's Lace, but we're out of that."

Israel looked at the flowers in Philipines hands. "Uh... yeah. That's it. Thank you."

"No problem!" Philipines said, walking to the checkout section to wrap the flowers. "Do you want any other flowers or no?"

"Uh... no. Quick question, does Anise have any... meaning? Like with roses and love or... you know."

Philipines paused his flower wrapping. "Not that I can think of."

"Oh. That's good," Israel moved up to the wooden counter, drumming his fingers nervously.

"That'll be €12," Philipines said cheerfully. Israel quickly handed Philipines the money and took his flowers. "Thank you!" Philipines yelled as Israel walked out the door. The flower-selling country smiled and checked the time. "Hey Martial!"

"What?" Someone screamed from the back of the shop.

"Lock the front door," Phil yelled back. He sprinted to the storage space where they stored extra flowers. The two brothers always fought over who would get to close the back door, mainly because they had to go through the greenhouse, which was pretty. After Phil walked through the storeroom, he pushed through a glass door to the greenhouse. There were rows and rows of plants, succulents in the front, then green leafy plants, then flowers, produce, and finally trees. The backdoor was close to the lemon trees, so Phil would normally snag a few.