masquerade

PROMPT: States, being a new world leader, goes to a masquerade ball where he doesn't know anyone since they got magic masks on. He meets Prussia, who's kinda creepy especially because of how tall he is. But they get along and decide to go on many meetings together with the magic masks. Prussia is 82, States is about 258.

"Is everything alright, sir?" the young girl said, tying a harmless black mask over his eyes. States had expected the mask sent out to him to be grander, but he would just have to deal with it.

"Yes, Eliza. Thank you," States said, a little glad someone else had picked up on how nervous he was. Being a newly founded country at an unfamiliar masquerade ball wasn't the smartest decision he could make, but he might make some valuable allies.

Elizabeth finished tying the ribbon, which she had made extremely intricate, and looked at him in the mirror, giving off a fearful smile. "I can't even recognize you. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was witchcraft-" her expression quickly changed to panicked, "Which it isn't, I would never accuse you of that, sir. I apologize for my actions, I-"

States chuckled. "Relax. You're fine. And just between you and me, it is," Eliza's eyes widened in an odd mix of wonder and disbelief. "Now go off, I need to leave. Thank you." She scuttled off,