angel falls in love with a fricking asshole

big homo

edit: changed the Candas to Canada 

"North! Look!"

"This was a stupid idea," North Korea said the boy excitedly pointing at the approaching carnival. He had agreed to take Canada to the carnival since his brother was going with a few friends. That was proving to be a bad idea.

"Oh, come on," Canada said from the backseat of the car. "It'll be great. I'm really excited to go with you!" North blushed a bit at this. Canada always wore his heart on his sleeve, much to the dismay of the other country. North was terrible at conveying emotions, which made most people fear him. It was for the best, he supposed.

"Quit your whining, we're here," North snapped. He parked the car and waited for Canada to jump out of the car. The two walked to the entrance and bought tickets.

"What should we do first?" Canada asked, smiling down at North.

"I don't know. I haven't been to a carnival in a while," North admitted, glancing around at the rides.

"How long is a while?" Canada questioned.

"Let me rephrase that. I've never been to a carnival in my entire life," North Korea said. Canada gasped before grabbing North by his arm.

"WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING," Canada said, running to the nearest stand. They played games for a while, and they only won a crappy flower plushy. They got cotton candy, which Canada mostly ate. They made their way around the park before stopping to sit on a bench.

"That was fun, eh?" Canada said. North was about to respond before something caught his eye.

"Canada, what's that?"

"What's wha- OH," Canada said, blushing slightly. "That's the Ferris wheel. It's more of a ride for-"

"It looks fun. We should go on," North said, looking at Canada. The taller country seemed to be thinking to himself, before nodding slowly. North dragged Canada to the long line, glaring at anyone who gave the pair weird glances. It took them a few minutes for them to reach the end of the line. The two got into a passenger car. The man running the Ferris wheel smiled at them.

"You lovebirds have fun," the man said before starting the wheel.

...

"Wait what," North Korea said, just registering what the man had said. Canada was furiously blushing. Lovebirds. "But I'm not gay."

"I tried to tell you, it's for couples. Not friends," Canada muttered, still blushing.

"You didn't tell me anything, Canada!" North yelled.

"You seemed excited to go on the ride, I didn't want to ruin that for you. I'm sorry," Canada said even quieter.

North Korea looked at the country for a few seconds. "It's ok," he said.

He and Canada sat in awkward silence, both of them blushing. "Do you wanna... god, what am I saying," Canada whispered the last part.

"What?" North asked curiously.

"It's nothing."

"Fuck it," Canada said before smashing his lips into North Korea's. North melted into the kiss for a few seconds before pushing Canada away. "What?"

"My dad's going to kill me if-"

"I don't care. Please," Canada said, desperately. He leaned towards North Korea, trying to kiss the country again. North pushed Canada away. The Ferris wheel ended, and the two got off. They walked back to the car in silence. "I'm sorry," Canada said, shivering from the coolness outside.

"Get in the car," North said. "It's much warmer." Canada got into the car, feeling a sick feeling in his stomach. The two drove in silence to Canada's house. "Goodbye, I guess," Canada said, reaching for the door. 

It was locked.

"Let's talk about this," North Korea said, looking at Canada.

"What is there to talk about," Canada said bitterly. North Korea had a blank look on his face. Canada scoffed. "That's what I-"

"Why me," North asked.

"What?"

"Canada, I'm known to be a homophobic country. I'm an asshole. I don't have any friends other than you. I'm not pretty. So why me? Why not somebody else?" North said very quickly. Canada paused, processing what he had just said.

"I don't know," He said after a long silence. North smiled sadly.

"That's what I thought," North said. "I'm a terrible person, I hate most people, I'm aggressive and creepy. But why?"

"Why what?" Canada asked.

"Why do I still want you?" North said quietly. Canada didn't notice how small space was between them. North Korea leaned in a bit more, closing the gap in between them. The kiss was a bit rough, but still sweet none the less. North pulled away and unlocked the car. 

"Goodbye Canada."

"B-bye," Canada said breathlessly, stumbling out of the car. North drove away, but not before he grinned at Canada in the mirror.

That's when Canada realized he was hopelessly in love with North Korea.

Ya'll it's late and I'm tired. Here ya go, a terrible oneshot.