from a gUUUUUUUY that i'd never be into

470 words

3/3/2020

Here's a lazy oneshot I wanted to write to keep up my writing ability since I have only been drawing for the past weeks. Also, I got accepted into boarding school! Yay! Plus side is no more bad school, down side is no more smut :(. Oh well.

Germany was awfully quiet.

He was usually withdrawn in conversation, but today just seemed off. Instead of the normal half-smiles and short quips of dialogue, Germany had sat in the car in complete silence. As much as States loved his best friend, he hated the angsty, nervous air he gave off. And since it was his car, and he was driving, it made sense for Germany to at least give him some entertainment.

States groaned loudly, making the still Germany jump in his seat. "My god! What is wrong with you?" States yelled. Germany looked like he was about to answer before he slipped back into his brooding state. States grumbled a little bit before dropping it.

"... You know how people change?" Germany said. States brightened up and nodded, nearly hitting the old woman crossing the street. "Like, in freshmen year they're super easy to figure out, but then the second you come back from summer break suddenly they've gotten.. different?"

"Yep," States urged on his friend, trying his best to focus on Germany and the road.

"He goes from, like, friend material to... I don't know, just hotter and mysterious, and- aahhhg!" Germany groaned in frustration, making States chuckle. "He gets taller, he suddenly has a big family secret that he won't tell you even though you've been friends forever, he just- you know!"

Wait.

I've gotten taller, States thought. In the rambunctious country's mind, Germany's description matched him perfectly. Don't give me hope.

"And then I think 'wow, wouldn't it be swell to join the play' and then they join the play because they always do, why was I surprised?" States is in the play. "And then they help you out all the time and because you are such good friends he holds your hand," Germany paused to take a break. "I know I'm stupid, but I think I like him."

"Hmmm, let me guess who it is," States said, grinning ear to ear. "About two feet taller than you?"

"Hey! I mean, true but-"

"Fluffy green jacket?"

Germany thought for a second before blushing. "Yeah."

"Red, white and blue, the color of freedom?"

"Yeah!"

"Well Germany," America said, looking over at the flustered boy. "I think I know exactly who it is. Maybe I can help you get a bit closer to him."

Germany smiled. Not one of his half-smiles, but a huge ass smile that rivals the sun. "Thank you, America! I really need help talking to Russia."

Wait.

Are you fucking kidding me? the american yelled at himself. You stupid punk ass bitch, how dare you get my hopes up.

"No problem," America croaked out, trying not to scream. Germany kept on chattering the entire trip about how muscular and strong Russia was and how he is so good at set designing, and he's going to go to lunch with me now.

America just gripped the steering wheel tightly and tried not to crash.