Purpose

Hi, I'm 30 year old Lalisa Monaban, but just call me Lisa for short. I am a well known photographer from Thailand, I've been in the photography business since I was 21 years old.

I had a rough and shitty past, I'm not gonna lie I attempt suicide a couple of times, my father was abusive. After my mom died when I was 8 my father's attitude was really rough and shitty, he was an addict to both alcohol and drugs, let's just say many things went all the way south after my mom died.

You may or may not ask how I got to this point, but even if you didn't want to know, I'll still tell you.

The story of how I found my purpose to keep on living and becoming a photographer.

When I was 19 years old I thought of jumping off a building. I went on with my plan and was ready to do it until..

-Flashback-

Lisa's POV

"Ugh, I have point in living anymore. I want to die."

I looked up to the sky and then from a far I found a college which consisted of a roof. Maybe it's my time to leave, once and for all..

I make my way to the college and start going all the way to the roof, as I reached the rooftop I walked over to the ledge and stood on it taking in the view of the city one last time.

"I guess this is the end now. Goodbye, everyone. Not that you would care, but I'm finally joining my favorite person."

I looked up at the sky and said, smiling a little bitterly.

"I'll see you soon, Mommy."

I looked down, a little nervous and closed my eyes as a I took a deep breath and calmed myself, I started to lean forward until...

Jisoo: "HEY! NO, PLEASE DON'T JUMP!"

I caught myself and looked back, I got annoyed and glared at the girl, who was honestly so beautiful. She kept getting closer to me.

Jisoo: "P-Please don't jump! Don't waste your life like that!"

I chuckled bitterly.

Lisa: "And why not? I literally have no reason to be living right now."

Jisoo: "Because.. Because you do have a reason to live! That's why you're here!"

Lisa: "I don't! I literally have been living a life full of hell! I-I don't care if I die, at least I'll finally be joining my mom after I die!"

I saw her eyes widen at my statement and then it softened right after. Pity, is all I could think of that stare.

Jisoo: "I'm sor–"

Lisa: "Please, don't say sorry. I don't need your pity."

I saw the girl trying to get closer and closer and I kept backing up little by little.