Chapter One: Take that

"Chapter One: Take that, you abominable shit goblin"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Now I finally realize,

so now I love me

Though I may lack,
I'm so beautiful."

- Epiphany, BTS Jin
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You woke up, heaving and sweating. You look around to see it is already morning. You wiped your face and sighed. That dream again. That dream started about a month ago. You would be screaming, crying then waking up exhausted.

You checked your phone for any updates or messages. You raised your eyebrows in relief as there were no notifications but panic immediately coursed your body when your eyes landed on your digital clock.

It was 8:30 am.

You're three hours late.

Shit.

You jumped up from your bed and grabbed random clothes. You stripped yourself while walking- or running- to the bathroom. You immediately jumped in the shower, not even bothering to wait for the water to warm down. You yelped at the sudden coldness at your head but continued to clean yourself. After some minutes, you wiped yourself dry and wore your outfit. Now did you only noticed that your outfit consists of a black tank top, and jeans. You tied your wet hair in a bun and run outside your bath. You grabbed your long coat, a handkerchief and tied it around your neck and your Nike shoes. You ran down the stairs- more like jumping down from floor to floor- until you reached the ground floor then ran out the door.

You ran in the middle of the field until you reached a man in a tank top and khaki shorts. He was gleaming with sweat all over his body but he continued to do push-ups on the ground.

Your eyes widen when your foot got caught up in a rock, randomly placed in the middle of the field.

Fuck, is what you thought of. You ducked so you can roll on the ground then you kneeled with one of your hands placed on the ground. You sighed and was about to stand up when a hand appears out of nowhere.

"Well, aren't you early," a deep voice said. You gulped and looked up. You wince when you saw that the man's face is unamused. You grabbed the man's hand but then he turned around, with a tight grip on your hand and flipped you over. You groaned in pain building up your back as you didn't think of a good counter to that move.

"Come on! I'm not even that late," you grumbled.

"Like you weren't three hours late?"

You opened your mouth but nothing smart came up to your mind.

"Blame the alarm clock!" You started to stand up. Dang it, that was a lame excuse. You dusted your bottom and looked up at the man.