Chapter Thirty: Brat

"Chapter Thirty: You Damn Brat,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You pass by and became connected,

You enter in and become love,"

-Converse High, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jungkook wandered aimlessly at the garden behind the hospital, trying to get the scene of their mate bloodily smiling before dropping to the ground. He shook his head as he groaned, kicking the pebble that rested in the middle of the walkway.

It was a week after the accident. They immediately took the human to the closest hospital. Jimin and Kyung soo handled the surgery while Tzuyu and Jisoo treated the other members of the League. Naturally, Jimin would have been enough for any surgery given to him, but after seeing his mate fell unconscious, just like at the camp before, it made him shake and unable to concentrate on the task, that and Kyung soo felt bad for the Wolves, his thoughts were proven right when Maki asked said something about you being their mate.

Now everyone that was at the palace that time knows now that you are the mate of Royals of the biggest empire on the land. This made Shin feel even worse, knowing that they are on the bad side of the Wolves, but they could care less about that. All they want, just like the Wolves, is to see you standing on your feet again, scowling at everything and at everyone. 

Jungkook sat down at a bench, rubbing his eyes as he leaned on his knees. His lifeless eyes stared at the floor, no matter how much he tries to take out that specific scene, it just engraved even deeper in his mind. He furrowed his eyebrows, remembering that his brother feels a lot worse.

He closed his eyes, trying to feel the bond between the unconscious girl but clicked his tongue when he found a very thin feeling. He stood up again before walking back to the palace when he saw the League standing in front of each other.

After the incident, the Royals insisted to stay until the leader of the League gets better but of course, Xander hurried out of the palace as quickly as possible. The Elves wanted to do the same but their brother insisted on them to stay there until the Hunter wakes up. 

"Your Highness," The League greeted him. He nodded back as a greeting, noticing the same lifeless eyes. He noticed the stiffness between all of them like they were uncomfortable for some reason.

"Is there something wrong?" Jungkook asked. After they were treated, they retreated back to the shadows, hiding from the Royals. The Fairies were the only ones being in touch with their guard since he is their mate. They all looked away, keeping silent before Karma decided to talk.

"This is the first time we ever saw Nyxie-chan this badly hurt," He muttered quietly, not being his usually creepily smiling and loud self.

"The fact that she fought the strongest out of the Dead alone while we needed to work together just to beat one of them shows how much stronger she is compared to us," Sonata muttered, getting left behind by the Royal he's supposed to protect. He was dismissed of his duty when Xander left him behind, deeming his mission complete. The only reason why he's still here is because of his concern and anxiety for their leader.

"We aren't used to seeing her in the medical ward. It was always us who's supposed to be in the medical ward," Moon said, playing with his guns.  Shin pursed their lips before facing the Werewolf, bowing before him.