Chapter Three: Where?

"Chapter Three: where is he?"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Snowflakes keep falling down,

They drift away,                               

                                    further around."                           

- Spring Day, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You're at the arena to practice and warm-up for the fight next month. Even if you know that the vampire will probably fall back if he sees you, you still can't underestimate your opponent. You remembered the reaction of Bam Bam back at the meeting. You have your guts saying that Bam Bam's mate is a man, a vampire to be exact, but you can't do anything about what the Moon Goddess wants for her children. You don't really praise the Moon Goddess as you have your own god, but that doesn't mean you have to disrespect it.

You were interrupted by Hyun came walking fast towards you. He looked distressed and looks like he's panicking.

"Y/n, did you notice any kid running here?" He asked, slightly out of breath. You raised a sweaty brow. Come to think of it, you saw a small figure creeping to the weaponry table.

"I think so, why?" You asked, not really focusing on what he's saying.

"One of the children is missing," you snapped your neck from turning your head hastily.

"Who," you asked, more likely stated.

"Kai."

-

"What do you mean you fucking don't know?" You sneered at the woman who is supposedly looking after the children. The woman fiddled with her fingers, looking nervous and scared.
Hyun pulled you back away just as you were about to get on her face.

"Y/n, you need to calm down-"

"I am calm!" You fumed at him making him flinch back. You directed your attention back to the woman who paled, looking at your hands. You followed her gaze and see your daggers tightly held by your pale hands. You looked back at the girl who shrinked away. You slowly inhaled and flicked your hands up and the daggers disappeared. You crossed your arms, maintaining your gaze at her. Hyun took that as a sign that you don't want to talk.

"You should know better not to lose y/n's favorite," Hyun said nonchalantly. You furrowed your eyebrows but kept quiet.

It's no doubt that your favorite people at this camp are the five children. They manage to brighten up your day with their annoying small voices. The orphans made you feel motherly over them and you know you would risk your life for them. Knowing that one of the kids us missing, you're enraged.

The woman, who's a bird shifter, a dove, is still cowering. You sighed through your nose and rubbed her shoulder and walked away. The shifter and the man sighed in relief to know you forgave the dove. You never talk to the beings at the camp, if you would, only simply words like "Where?" Or "no,". You would only nod and keep a straight face at any event. That's why the kids are important at the camp. They keep you sociable and make you feel normal.