Chapter Eighteen: Audacity

"Chapter Eighteen: You Fucker Have The Audacity To Hide Something So Big From Us,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I want to know about your day,

I want to be your sighs,"

-Miss Right, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been four days since they can smell your scent. It's been four days since they heard your tired sighs from the banter of the younger ones. It's been four days since they saw you. 

Taehyung sat behind his table full of paperwork and files but all he could do was stare at the work in front of him. He knows that all of this is due soon but he can't get himself to finish it. It's like he's a ghoul, just wandering the streets. He groaned before standing up, grabbing his blazer and leaving his room. 

He placed his blazer in one shoulder as he pocketed both his hands, looking at the floor. Ever since he woke up four days ago, he immediately felt something was wrong. His feet brought him in front of your room, him slowly opening your room, just to see his brothers looking miserable and Jungkook handing him the note you left, making him understand the situation. 

He stopped when he realized that he didn't know where he was going. He looked up to see the door of your room. He ground his teeth as he clenched his hands, tightly before stopping when he remembered your words.

"Don't do that again," You said after wrapping his palm with the napkin you got from the table before facing the brothers, who argued about who will read the letter.

"You should trim your fingernails," You said as you completely forgot that your freezing to death, wiping the blood from his palm using the blanket around your shoulders.

He sighed as his shoulders go limp, staring at the doorknob. Yoongi said that you have granted them entrance to your room but even for Yoongi, it just feels wrong to enter without you there and, even if they deny it, they don't have any courage to open your room. He slid against the door, sighing as he propped his arms on his knees. 

He's the kind to only care for himself and for his brothers, ignoring anyone else who doesn't deserve his attention. Him, caring and missing someone else was a different, foreign feeling to him, making him lost. He crossed his legs as he stared at his palm, full of scars from his nails when he would try to contain his anger. He remembers the sparks that spread whenever you would clean the blood from his palm without showing any signs of disgust or fear, only annoyance which would make him smile whenever he remembers it. 

He sighed as he looked to his sighed, only to get startled by Jin, who also is shocked to see the younger one by the door of your room. 

"The fuck you're doing here, nimrod?" Jin snarled at his younger brother, who growled back. 

"I could ask you the same, shoulder blades," Taehyung snapped back at the older, who kicked him aside. Taehyung rolled, baring his fangs at the older one, the answer he only got is a roll of eyes and a raspberry. Jin was about to place his hand on the doorknob but stopped halfway. 

Taehyung was watching the older one intently, low-key hoping that he would open your door but sighed when Jin's hand dropped. Jin pocketed his hands before leaning against the door, leaning his head back. Both stayed quiet, no tension present in the air when Jin chuckled, earning Taehyung's attention.