Chapter Thirty-Two: Love

"Chapter Thirty-Two: You Fucking Love Us, You Piece Of Shit,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

" Yeah, That's right even if 

there is nothing to brag about,"

-Ma City, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I have the report made just yesterday due to the unexpected difficulties in completing the said mission." You handed them a folder, where they flicked through the pages, face still stoic, and not giving any reaction. 

"The first two days of the Summit Meeting was a success. They were able to get through the day without any issues. The third day was the day of the attempted assassination of the Royals by the terrorist group called the Dead. Only the Hunters and the guards were hurt and the Royals received no damage from the said attack," You said, leading the report. The three seniors would look at the faces of the Royals and the other hunters, seeing if what you're saying is true. 

"The time limit given to us to finish this mission was a week and a day but we extended our stay at the palace since Nyx managed to get seriously injured as she fought the strongest of the Dead who died later on because of blood loss," Moon continued as you sip on your coffee. You clenched your fist as you remember Maki in your arms. 

You were trying so hard to get her to your side, thinking that maybe you two could talk it out and her mate still wandering the land, just wanting your best friend back but it was too late for that talk.

"While Nyx was unconscious, we sent the remaining members of the Dead to the dungeons and buried the two dead ones. We buried them at the graveyard near the palace," Karma said as he leans at the couch behind the Elves. You remembered that specific fact, looking at Moon who nodded at you in understanding. You plan on visiting her someday, maybe not this few months but you plan on it.

One of the men, Alfred, furrowed his eyebrows before looking at you with a brow raised.

"Why didn't you have any backup? That's why we assigned the whole League, for this reason, to back you up so why were still injured?" He asked, leaning forward, placing a hand under his chin as he looked at you. You said the coffee down as you fold your hands at your back, not even trying to hide the glare that surfaced in your eyes.

"Our task was to protect the Royals, they weren't there for the reason to be for back up. I ordered them myself to work together and bring down the four other members of the Dead to ensure the safety of the Royals, the job our client gave us," You informed him, emphasizing the fact that your mission was to simply protect the Royals. Alfred glared back harder at you before Miriam, the sweet lady held him back and glanced at you softly. The younger man, Howie, raised his hand getting your attention.

"One last question before we deem this debriefing a success. Where is King Xander?" He asked as he looked at Sonata, the hunter assigned for the safety of the said king. 

"He dismissed me himself, saying that I have completed the mission before he went off himself, not bothering about attending the debriefing," Sonata explained, receiving nods from the three seniors before Miriam finally clap her hands.

"Thank you for your time, Your Highnesses. Have a safe trip back to your kingdoms. Hunters, thank you for the completion of your mission, wait for the next assignment patiently." She stood up, the two men beside her following her lead before bowing. The Royals stood up, leaving the room while the hunters said their regards, except for Moon who went with his mates.